Chapter XIII -Final-

The movie in front of us closed, Shinigami looking straight into my eyes.

Me:-What was that?

Shinigami:-A vision.

Me:-But... why?

Shinigami:-To let you know who you really are. To let Mifune know who he really is.

I looked at Mifune who was shocked. Then I turned my gaze to Arachne.

Me:-You said... that you will find an antidote for this. You didn't keep your promise...

Arachne:-I searched. Believe me. Years after that. But all I've learned is that there is no such cure, and only the one who took your memory can give it back to you.

Me: Then why didn't you tell me anything ?!

Arachne:-It's recommended that I don't tell you anything because it could trigger your memories at once and it is not good for you. I wanted to protect you. That's why I took you here. You're much safer here than in that monster's hands. she looked at Shinigami.

Shinigami:-"Monster"? Ha! Don't make me laugh! Stop bringing this conversation back, Arachne, we all know you're the main villain of this! Also, as you can see, Teodora has been safe in my school all this time. You can ask her now, I don't think I ever hurt her mentally or physically.

Arachne began to cry. Shinigami looked at me and made me choose.

Shinigami:-It's just your decision whose part you take.

In a split second he teleported in front of Arachne and wanted to hit her fatally. But something blocked his shot, pushing him in the opposite direction.

Shinigami:-I see you chose.

Me:-I don't want to fight you, Shinigami! I love and appreciate you both just as much. Please end this!

Shinigami:-Are you insane?! Do you want me to make peace with the woman that destroyed my organization?!

Me:-It won't happen as long as I'm here! I will be your peace contract.

I looked at Arachne and held out a hand. She grabbed it, getting up from the floor.

Me:-As Arachne took me as a sign of peace, I will create peace between you two. If something happens, I'll be responsible and I'll take it upon myself. Either one of you dies or I die.

Arachne shook my hand because she agreed with what I said. I held out my other hand to Shinigami.

Me:-We don't have to fight, Shinigami. No one has to die. You've both done terrible things in the past. Assume it and move on. As long as it doesn't happen a second time, I don't see what's wrong.

Shinigami took small steps closer to me, streching his hand slowly until he reached mine.

Me:-I know you hate each other. But I will be the connection between you two. There will be no more hatred as long as I am alive.

Shinigami grabbed my hand, forming a small smile.

Me:-Very good. And now, I have something to solve. I looked at Mifune.

I went to him, smiling.

Mifune:-I'm proud of you.

I smiled and hugged him. A tight, warm hug. Then we kissed. It was a long kiss, full of feelings. It's like I've become whole again. Tears streamed down my inflamed cheeks. There were tears of happiness. I was reunited with the man I love.

Me:-I have to admit, I liked you since I came here

Mifune:-Uhmmm...

He blushed. I started laughing quite loudly. Shinigami and Arachne looked at us, smiling as well.

Me:-What about Angela?! She didn't see the vision. Is it possible that she has not regained her memories ?!

Shinigami: -When I showed you the vision, I actually reimplanted your memories. So she remembers everything.

I hurried with Mifune to the room where he locked her for her safety, and she jumped into my arms, crying. Mifune hugged me from behind, all three of us happy because we are together again.

I stayed in Arachne's association. I could no longer be a secretary at DWMA because I had a family.

Arachne rearranged my room, turning it into a room for two now. Mifune's room, which was face-to-face with mine, turned into Angela's room.

Sometimes I would visit Shinigami, always keeping in touch.

We were no longer hunting souls. Cause we already found ours.

Pfu, one more book is done! What a ride! 😂 It will be really nice if you could tell me what you thought of this book, in comments. :)