Chapter 21- Relationship Problems

The door to your room opens and you see Sam. He shuts it gently, thinking you are asleep. You sit up.

"Hey, did I wake you?" Sam asks, 'sorry' written all over his face

"No. I've been waiting up for you. We need to talk."

"I agree. Can I say something first?"

"Sure." You say, not sure what he's gonna talk about.

"I just want to apologize for being gone so long. I had something I needed to do." He says trying to be convincing.

"Sam, don't lie to me. I know you've been going out getting high on demon blood." He just looks at the floor not wanting to answer you. "Look Sam, I have a problem and I need your help in this."

"What?" He asks

"You are the problem. Right after we fixed everything about Dean and him ignoring us and all that mess, I was happily in love with you. I still love you, but you're making everything so hard." You say as you start to cry a little. "We've had so many fights since we got married, plus you almost killed me with the demon blood problem, and now you lie to our faces about going out and getting high again. Im tired of fighting nearly every blasted day. I just want to help you, and yet you lie to me and you act so cold towards me and I'm no longer feeling like you're here for me in this relationship. Dean has been here for me and talked to me more than you have, and he is not my husband and he is not who I want to be with." You say that last part and aren't completely sure if you are right to have picked Sam.

"(y/n). Come here." He says, motioning you over to where he sat in a chair. You walk over to him, and he looks you straight in your eyes. "I'm sorry. I want to know something." You give him a nod telling him he can ask the question. "Do you believe me when I say that I never mean to hurt you?"

"Yes, Sam, but..."

"No, I'm not done. You're right, I am a problem. I don't know what is wrong with me. I can't blame it on anyone or even things from the past such as feelings for Jess, but I don't know why I keep hurting you. I hate fighting with you. It hurts me every time I see you cry because I know it's because I screwed something up. I'm a screw up. That's just who I am I guess. I also don't like lying to you and Dean, but I was afraid you would be mad at me and not want to be with me anymore. I'm a heck of a lot to deal with, I'm nearly impossible. Just ask Dean. I also lose everybody I'm close to, and I don't want to lose you too. I honestly don't know why you haven't just left yet." He says with the saddest puppy dog eyes you've ever seen. He looks at you like a dog who has been kicked one too many times.

"You are not a screw up Sam. If you were, you and I wouldn't be able to fix things every time. And I don't care if you're hard to deal with. I love you. You aren't gonna lose me. I haven't left yet because it doesn't matter how many times you hurt me, or lie to me, I'm always gonna pull you back and we'll work through it together. I made a vow to you on that wedding day and I intend to keep it."

"How did I get a girl like you?" He asks.

"I don't know, but it's one thing I know neither of us screwed up." You say with a smile. You give each other big hugs and kisses.

"One last thing Sam. Dean and I are gonna help you fight this addiction. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. And, I wasn't trying to be mean about all this, I'm just worried about you." He nods, and gets ready for bed.

He crawls in with you, and you fall asleep with your head on his chest, happy you worked it out, and you
remember why you picked Sam, and that it was the right choice.