Chapter 2-Do You Think Of Me?

Emiliano's POV

9 months later

Even after giving birth, she is still the most beautiful woman I've ever encountered

Even after giving birth, she is still the most beautiful woman I've ever encountered. Her tan skin is glistening with sweat, her mascara smudged around her eyes, making her already black under eyes resemble a raccoon, yet her hair is perfect. How? I don't know. It falls in soft curls over her shoulder as she peers at her son.

Her son.

At twenty-one years old Jayden is a mom. A mom to a healthy baby boy. Zane. Zane Alejandro Emilio (after me) Martinez. It seems fitting she name her son after the fake name his father gave her for 'the best night of her life.' It hurts slightly to know that a night with a stranger was the best night of her life, but I guess it makes sense considering her son was conceived on it.

I've tried to be as supportive as I can for her during this pregnancy and I'll continue to be supportive of both her and Zane for the rest of their lives. It's just hard sometimes because I love Jayden. I am in love with Jayden, and when we go to her ultrasounds and baby shopping I see loving couples and I see Zane on the screen and I can't help but feel a little sad because it is not my child in her womb.

I've always pictured myself admitting my feelings, her feeling the same way, dating, falling deeper in love, my proposal, her saying yes, seeing her walking down the aisle in a black wedding dress because knowing Jayden it will be black, her pregnancy reveals, us basking in the sunset as our kids play in the water and build sandcastles.

I'm aware we can still have all that. I can raise Zane as my own with Jayden and we can be happy. if only I was man enough to tell her how I feel, how much I love her. I even planned on growing a pair and telling her, but when I suggested adopting Zane once he was born that way he would have a dad and she shot down the idea, it felt like a rejection. It crushed whatever confidence I had mustered.

My confidence was completely crushed when the nurse asked us if the 'new family' wanted a picture and Jayden said I wasn't the dad and she wanted one by herself first. I don't think Jayden even realizes how much that shit hurts when she says it. She tends to have no filter and doesn't realize what comes out of her mouth sometimes. I'm used to it though, everyone in my family, especially my aunt Nikoa and my dad are the exact same way.

"Millie come look, he's so beautiful," Jayden says from the hospital bed. I can hear the love in her voice. Alejandro and I were in here when she gave birth, each holding a hand. She broke my hand and I had to pop a few fingers back into place when I was asked to cut the umbilical cord.

She makes a space for me on the bed and I sit down, one leg hanging off. "Do you want to hold him?" She asks, the pure adoration in her voice had me saying yes. What is all the fuss? All babies look like aliens. Apparently, this one doesn't, or at least to his mother he doesn't. "Isn't he beautiful?"