Chapter 13- Veronica's POV

14 days until the war.

I wake up and my head hits my wall.

"Damn it." I say.

I look at my clock and it reads 9:00. My heart races. I'm late. I throw on my jeans and leather jacket as I race out of the door.

"I have to get to training." I say running down the hall.

I look down and run into something hard. I stumble back and look up. Hutch grabs my shoulders.

"Veronica? Why are you running?" He asks.

"I have training that started 15 minutes ago." I say.

"I was just coming down to get you for it. Training is at 9:45 not 8:45. It was rescheduled." He says.

"Oh. You know you can just text me." I say.

"Yeah well let's go get breakfast." Hutch says.

I grab an apple and bite into it. We go sit by Ashley, Nathen, and Tyler.

"Why am I always the last one to the table?" I ask, sitting down.

"No clue." Ashley says. "But your entrances definitely make you present. Like at the funeral. Nobody could take their eyes off of you."

"With my bodyguards." I say smiling. I take another bite of my apple and twirl my hair.

"Okay we have to go to training." Hutch says.

I wave to them and we walk away. I put my apple in the trash and hurried after Hutch. We walk in the hallway and reach the training room. There are mats and punching bags.

"I was in an assassin asylum for 10 years. So why exactly do I have to train?" I ask.

"Because you can always become better." He says.

"But now I can crush up to 5,000 peoples bones, killing them so why do I have to become better?" I ask. "And that 10 years at the asylum was me learning Karate, Jiu-Jitsu, and Kung Fu. As Well as American boxing."

"If you can beat me then we will determine your training. But you always train. If you beat me we will give you the most advanced training." Hutch says.

We set onto the mat and I threw off my leather jacket. Hutch puts his fists up and looks at me.

"Begin! And no powers." He yells.

He comes at me and throws the first punch. In a quick motion I grab his fist pressing down. Something cracks and he is on his knees. Through the pain, he stands back up and comes at me again. Moving his fist for my stomach I grab it and pull it up. I kick in the air at his stomach and he falls again.

"Ready to quit?" I ask.

"Never." Hutch says.

I turn around and use my hearing to hear his feet run toward me on the mat. I turn around and grab his arm as he runs after me. Using all my strength I throw him over my shoulder. I get on top of him and pin him down.

"Now are you ready to quit?" I ask.

"Not even close." Hutch says.

I get flustered as he grabs my shoulders. My cheeks burn and my heart skips a beat. He throws me over him and gets up off the ground. I get up before he can get back to me and as he goes to spin around I hit the back of his neck. He drops down to the floor in a flash.

"Sorry. Didn't mean to knock you out. But you are worse than the doctor at the asylum." I say.

A few minutes later his eyes opened.