Ch 4: Late Knight Problems

Robin POV

I had no clue who this boy was but I didn't get any flashing images in my head so he's probably unrelated to the story. With my quick observation of the odd boy complete I decide it is okay to interact with him.

Robin: "Sure, what do you need?" I say and I could tell even through the helmet that his face lights up.

???: "I got lost and I'm looking for the building where the knight training camp is being held." He says hopefully.

Robin: "Oh, I'm heading there now, do you want to follow me?" I offer flatly.

The helmet boy nods his head happily and we begin our walk. We walk in silence for a while and during the walk I catch helmet boy sneaking peeks at my scarf.

???: "Why are you wearing that scarf?" The boy finally asks.

Robin: "Shouldn't you be asking for my name first?"

He lets out a flustered noise.

???: "Uwah! S-sorry." He says with a bow.

Robin: "No problem, my name is Robyn. Spelt with a 'y' instead of a 'i'." I specify.

???: "A-alright, my name is uh, Richard!" He says strangely.

Robin: "Ok Richard, to answer your question from earlier, I wear it because I can." I tell him indifferently.

Richard: "O-oh." He says awkwardly.

We walk in awkward silence again which I don't mind, I can't say the same for Richard though.

Richard: "So, uhm, you're also taking the knight training camp right?" He asks trying to make conversation.

Robin: "Yes I am." I say plainly.

Richard: "Any reason why?" He asks curiously.

Robin: "Simply for the experience."

Richard: "Oh, well me, I'm aspiring to become a knight." He says determinedly.

Well it's a training camp to be one, of course that's your dream. But I don't say it out loud and let him speak.

Richard: "My dad is one and he fights these big monsters and demons. He's the coolest!" He exclaims punching a fist to the sky.

Robin: "Good for you." I say not looking away from the path in front of me.

Richard: "Ah, I must be annoying you, I'm sorry." He says timidly looking down.

He must've taken notice of my ever unchanging face.

Robin: "You are not, don't worry. This is just how I look." I say facing him.

Richard: "Oh! Is that so." He says brightening up, "Well I'm still sorry for ranting in your ear." He says attempting to scratch his cheek but his finger meets his metal helmet instead.

Robin: "You don't need to keep saying sorry." I reassure him.

Richard: "Ah, I'm sorry. Wait, I mean, I'm not sorry? No I am, oh jeez." He says sounding like his head was spinning.