𝟏 - 𝐓𝐔𝐓𝐎𝐑

Miyamura was an introvert. That was a known fact. He was always quiet. Only spoke when necessary, didn't really stand out in the crowd, kept his head down most of the time.

Unlike him, you were just a ball of sunshine, always seen with a smile. You were smart, pretty, and humble. Of course you were liked by people.

Miyamura thought he'd spend his life being known as the outcast. The one everyone knew nothing about. Until he fell behind in his class. When he was told he needed tutoring, his heart raced from anxiousness.

"T-Tutoring?" He managed to stutter out to his teacher. The mere thought of interacting with someone, let alone a classmate, was daunting.

"Yes. Tutoring. Your tutoring will start next week. I will introduce you to your tutor tomorrow, after school." He said, his expression completely relaxed as he watched the poor boy silently freak out.

Miyamura nodded, looking down towards the floor. "Alright. Thank you, sir." He said as he bowed, adjusting the strap of his bag on his shoulder and leaving the classroom.

Once he closed the door, he let out a sigh, hunching over slightly as he walked. "I need tutoring...? I mean, I knew I was bad at school but I didn't think I was that bad." He muttered to himself.

"Ms. l/n. Can you meet me after school? I'd like to discuss something with you." Mr. Yasuda, your teacher, said after pulling you aside as the rest of the class left.

"Yes, I can. If I may ask, what for?" You asked with a polite smile, though you were slightly nervous that you might've been in trouble for something.

"There's a student that needs some tutoring. I was hoping you could tutor him and meet him after school." He said, smiling softly at you.

"Yes, of course! I'll be here after school." You said with a polite smile.

"Great. Thank you so much, l/n." He said, offering a gentle smile back as you bowed before walking out, muttering a soft 'no problem'.

"Hey, l/n! What happened?" Yoshikawa said, tilting her head curiously.

"Did ya get into trouble?" Ishikawa said in a teasing manner as he threw his arm around your shoulder, leaning against you and began walking with you.

"You wish." You said with a smile, gently elbowing his side with a giggle. "Mr. Yasuda wants me to tutor someone in our class so I have to meet him after school."

Ishikawa chuckled and took his arm off from around your shoulders, stuffing his hands in his pockets while he walked alongside you and Yoshikawa. "He didn't tell you who it was?" He asked curiously.

"No, he wants me to meet them after school. That's why I have to stay behind today." You repeated, glaring at him.

"Oh, right." Ishikawa said, rubbing the back of his head.

Both you and Yoshikawa sighed, shaking your heads.

"Anyways, I'm hungry." You whined, pouting as you rubbed your stomach.

"You're always hungry." Ishikawa said, sighing and shaking his head.

"And you're always stupid." 

"Not true!"

"Oh god.. Oh! Hori!" Yoshikawa said, relieved to finally find an escape to your endless bickering.

The said girl turned around, eyes slightly wide as she looked around for who called her, her eyes landing on Yoshikawa as she waved at her. "Hey Yoshikawa!" She replied with a cheerful smile.

"Just shut- Hori!" You stopped midway into your insult when you saw Hori and smiled as you hugged her tightly. She was always like a sister to you. You both lived near each other and spent so much time together, people always thought you two were always related.

"y/n! Souta wanted me to give you this." She said, pulling a piece of paper out of her bag along with a small pastry from the convenience store that he personally picked out.

"Awh, thank you! i love that boy." You said, giggling as you looked at the crayon drawing he made for you.

"Secret admirer?" Ishikawa said with a quirked brow, trying to peek at the paper.

You glared at him and quickly pulled the paper away from his sight. "If you don't stop- That boy is a 10 year old."  You said, laughing as you watched his eyes widen. 

"I wonder how you're gonna tutor that kid." Ishikawa grumbled, crossing his arms with a pout. 

"Tutor?" Hori repeated, blinking almost owlishly as she looked at you with confusion. 

"Oh, Mr. Yasuda wants me to tutor someone in our class. He didn't tell me who it was." You explained, smiling. 

"Ouu, look at you Ms. Genius." She said in a teasing tone as she nudged your arm gently with her elbow. 

"Oh, shut up." You said, giggling as you playfully rolled your eyes at her. 

"Hm, I wonder who it is. I want to say good luck to them." Ishikawa said which earned him a punch from you. "Ow! I was kidding! I'm sorry! Have mercy please!" 

You laughed as Ishikawa held his hand together above his head in a pleading motion. You pat his shoulder gently. "Alright, I'll let you off this time." You giggled. 

As you were walking with your friends, you turned a corner and wasn't paying attention. You felt something hard bump into you and yelped as you fell backwards. 

Your friends gasped as they snapped their heads towards you, Hori and Yoshikawa both kneeling beside you almost immediately. 

"Are you okay, y/n!?" They asked, worried as they helped you up. 

"Y-Yeah, I'm fine." You said as you stood, rubbing your butt a bit. You looked at the person you bumped into, seeing a boy on the ground. "Oh my god! I'm so sorry, are you okay?" You kneeled in front of him, looking at him worriedly. 

Miyamura wasn't sure what happened. All he knew was that he was walking and somehow ended up on the floor. Once he heard your voice, he looked up at you, confused. "Huh?" 

"I should've paid attention to where I was going! I'm so sorry! Are you okay!?" You said. 

Miyamura processed everything before gasping. His eyes widened as he realized what happened. "O-Oh! It's no problem! It's not your fault! I wasn't looking where I was going." He said.

You got up and held your hand out for him to grab onto. "No, I'm at fault too. I wasn't looking." You smiled as you pulled him up from the floor. "You look familiar. Have we met before?" 

Miyamura suddenly got nervous. "U-Uh... I don't.. think so?" He said, chuckling sheepishly. You looked familiar. He knew where he's seen you, but he didn't want you to know. After all, this would probably be the first and last interaction he'd ever have with you. Why would the "weird kid" ever hang out with you? 

You were going to continue but to your dismay, and Miyamura's relief, the bell rang signalling that lunch was over. "Hey, um, can I have your number? I feel bad and I want to make it up to you." You said, smiling, unaware of what you just said. 

Yoshikawa, Ishikawa and Hori all gasped at your straightforwardness. That was when you realized and blushed profusely. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry! If you don't want to that's alright, I didn't mean it like that, I-I swear!" 

"I-I have to go." Miyamura stammered out before quickly turning to walk away. 

"I just realized where I seen him." Ishikawa said, making you turn to him. "He's in our class. He always sits in the back though and he's very quiet." 

Suddenly, you were intrigued by the mysterious boy. You were determined to get to know him. 

---

why did it take me a whole year to finally
get inspiration to write for this fic...