Unlucky First Night

3rd POV:

The three runaways headed straight for the slums like they planned to do with their bags filled with clothes and some food that will last them for a few days. Credit cards in hand, they withdrew the money they needed for awhile in the atm machine that they passed by. Each withdrew ¥10,000 from the atm machine and would use that for the following days in order to survive.

They sheltered at a nearby abandoned building that would be their home for a couple of days. "Okay guys, we will be staying here for now and would only go out at night to buy stuff since our family might try and find us when they notice that we are gone in the morning." Izuku said and both of his friends nodded and started unpacking their clothes. They stayed at the second floor in the building to rest but Izuku told them that one should stay awake for lookout since maybe someone might steal from them or kidnap them since they are in the rural areas.

The first shift was Izuku and he let his two friends sleep for awhile while he guards for any intruder. It was 12am and Izuku started wandering the second floor building. It looked like it used to be an old company of some sorts since there were a lot of office desk in all of the rooms. He stumbled upon a window and gazed out to see in the distance the illuminating light from the city building and tower, but in the slums where they are, little lights can be seen that was enough to lit up a street but it was still pretty dark.

Izuku got pretty bored and starting to get tired since it was now 1am and he still needed to stand guard for another hour, so he entertained himself by practicing his quirk and thought if he could change the shape of his blood other than a flower. His palms slit open and the blood coming out formed into an orb of crimson and started changing the shape of it. He decided to create shards to attack any intruder that might enter and attack them. It will be just for self-defense he thought as he started changing the shape to a shard.

He first imagined the shape of the shard by closing his eyes and picturing the object. He took a deep breath and started making the shard out of the blood. He opened his eyes and see that the blood orb now turned into one big blood shard that was floating in the air. Izuku was amazed and started cheering for himself quietly since the other two were still asleep. He then thought that one big blood shard was unnecessary since he can only throw it once and it is most likely that enemies will be able to dodge it. He started imagining the shard to split into smaller one's. The shard then split into 15 small version of the big blood shard.

He then practiced aiming by flying the blood shards in the wall in front of him. He lifted his arms to aim and focused on the wall infront of him before he pulled and pushed his arms forward, causing the blood shards to fire to the wall. He cheered again, impressed with himself and noticed that it was already 2am from the watch that he had brought.

He approached the sleeping bi colored hair boy, for it is his turn to stand guard while he sleeps. Shoto is awakened by hands shaking him awakr and his eyes opened to see Izuku and realized it was his turn to stay awake. He yawned and stretched and gestured for the boy to sleep while he guards them. He got up trying not to wake up the sleeping Katsuki as his sleeping space was filled in by Izuku as he lied down to catch some sleep.

The boy stayed up until 4am keeping watch for any intrusions. While guarding he got bored and decided to use his quirk like what Izuku did when he was awake. While trying to activate his quirk, he faced the wall and saw shards of crimson hue and approached it for further inspection. He realized that the shard was made out of blood after he smelled a metallic smell on it like what blood has. 'Did Izuku made this? Izuku might have experimented with his quirk to see if he can make other things with his blood.' Shoto thought as he sat down and started activitating his quirk.

Since the room that they stayed in inside the building had a shattered window, cold air breezes into the room making the other two shivver in the cold. Shoto wasn't affected since he was use to the cold. He decided to warm them up with his left side as he crept near them and lit his left side up and produce a flame to warm them up. Shoto then noticed that the whole room started warming up and the temperature heated. The whole room started warming up and when he deactivated his left side the temperature went back down.

He tried it again but this time on his right side. The room became colder than it was before. It was starting to get so cold that ice were forming around the room and he heard shivering beside him to see that Izuku and Katsuki were the one's making the noise. He immediately stopped his right side but the ice didn't disappear so he activated his left side and the ice in the room started melting due to the rise in temperature. There he realized that his quirk can also manipulate temperature. He was amazed at how powerful his quirk is!

He practiced his new ability until 4am where Katsuki will be taking over the guarding. He kept changing the temperature of the room but tried to control it so that the temperature will only change in the area around him. He kept practicing until he had the basic idea and functionality of the new found ability. He noticed it was already 4am and it was time for Katsuki to guard and him back to sleep. He was about to wake up the spiky haired boy until he heard a sound coming from the hallway to their right. Shoto's heartbeat started beating fast.

He woke the two sleeping and immediately froze the door shut, so that the intruders won't find them. "Shocchan? What happened?" Izuku asked still half asleep while rubbing his tired eyes and the other boy woke up as well, "What the heck half n half?!" Katsuki raised his voice and Shoto immediately covered both of their mouths. "Someone entered the building. I heard walking on the stairs, I think the person is in this floor!" Shoto whisper shouted to them and both boys eyes were wide in fear with theie hearts racing.

Izuku accessed the situation and walked towards the door and listened through the walls. He heard walking, and it feels like multiple feet were stepping on the concrete floor and Izuku thought that there are more than one. He walked back to them, "I think there are more than one person out there. We need to escape!" He informed them in a whisper shouting voice as they look around the room.

There were no other exits other than the door besides the broken window that was their height, lead to another room that was near the stairs. They decided to climb up the broken window and move to the other door making as little as to no sounds while climbing up. First Shoto got up, then Katsuki , then finally Izuku. When Izuku climbed up, his hands landed on a glass shard than punctured him and made him squeal in pain. Both heard his squeal and immediately covered his mouth as the people outside heard the noise.

"Did you heat that?" The deep voice of a man said outside and the other responded with a no which made the kids sigh in relief. Izuku was still in a lot of pain but quickly healed himself with his quirk. They then continued making their way to the door. "Wait! One of us should peak first and check if the coast is clear." Izuku rold them and Katsuki took the initiative and peeked his head out of the door. He saw that there were three looking thugs on the opposite side of the hallway making a right and then the coast was clear.

Katsuki made a signal that it was clear before the others made their way out. They headed straight for the stairs but luck wasn't on their side as Shoto stepped on broken glass that made a shattering sound that echoed throughout the hallway. "Shit."  Was all that Katsuki needed to stay and they all knew they're screwed. The thugs came back to the hall and saw them in the stairs trying to escape. "Oi! You brats! What are you doing here on our turf?!" One of them said and the three rushed down the stairs to the nearest exit.

They were now currently being chased by thugs on their first night. Unlucky.