𝐈

𒀭࣪

Y/n and the new Ducks heard Mr. Tibbles talking to their new coach as they skated out onto the ice in front of the new team.

"Tell me about my new kids." The new coach spoke.

The five kids moved out of the way when Mr. Tibbles started talking about Luis Mendoza.

"He's from our Miami club. A real speedster, incredible skater. I clocked him at 1.9 seconds, blue line to blue line." Mr. Tibbles told Coach.

Luis then started skating around the rink, showing off what he could do.

Y/n overheard some of the Ducks talking, then one of the boys elbowed a certain boy with glasses, falling the the ice as she winced.

"He has one minor problem.." Tibbles began as Y/n raised an eyebrow. She watched as Mendoza crashed into the wall. "Has a little trouble stopping." Y/n almost tripped trying to skate over to Luis, trying to help him.

"You okay?" Y/n questioned as she helped him up. "Yeah, I'm alright. I almost had it that time." He answered as she heard some of the Ducks snickering.

Now it was cowboy's turn.

"Yee-haw! How's everyone? Y'all ready to play some puck?" He called, taking his hat off. It seemed like the original ducks smiled at his accent and energy, as did Y/n.

"That's Dwayne Robertson from Austin." Mr. Tibbles told Coach Bombay. Everyone on the rink watched him as he handled the puck and boy, was he good at it.

"He's the best puck handler I've ever seen."

"You mean for his age?"

"No, I don't." Tibbles told Bombay as the other girl skated to the goal and stopped by it. "There's Julie "The Cat" Gaffney. She won the state championship for Maine two years in a row."

"We already have a goalie, Goldberg." Bombay mentioned to Mr. Tibbles while looking at I'm assuming Goldberg at a goal as he fell, groaning. "Watch this." Some of the Ducks tried to score but Gaffney either blocked the puck or caught it. "Well, we could use a back up."

"Isn't that the kid from the Olympics?" Bombay questioned. "The figure skater." "Yep, Ken Wu. What can I say? I convinced him that hockey had more of a future. We put a stick in his hands and nobody's been able to touch him." Tibbles explained to him as Wu did some tricks.

"Yeah, it's showtime!" Dean looked over to his sister, giving Y/n side-hug and pulling her out on the ice with him. As they got out he started singing the song on his walkman that he loved so very much. He looked like a complete dork. Y/n rolled her eyes, following him. 

"That guy's a teenager?" Bombay wondered out loud. "Uh, yeah. Hormones." "He's a goon!"  "The one behind him is his sister. Y/n. She's a little younger and slighty clumsy on the ice."

"C'mon Tex! Sing it with me!" Portman swung his arm around Dwayne's shoulders as he shook his head, looking extremely scared. As he skated off, Y/n mumbled a sorry to the cowboy. She sighed and crossed her arms as she stopped following him as he messed around with the other teammates, wobbling on her skates a little.

"My kids don't play that kinda hockey." Coach Bombay recalled. "I believe they're called enforcers, Gordon," Tibbles stated, "When you play Iceland, you're gonna need him."

"Who does this guy think he is?"

"Alright! That's it!" Goldberg shouted, skating towards the new ducks, making Y/n flinch a bit. "Let me take care of this."

The ducks somewhat lined up, facing new ducks with the original ducks. Everyone was pushing, hollering, throwing insults, it was so negative, it was overwhelming. Y/n was standing by her brother's side, observing everyone and everything. As she was scanning over everyone's face, her eyes met with a boy who stood out the most to her and was quite.. cute. He saw that she noticed him, smiling faintly. Y/n grinned, and it was like everything around them disappeared. Then.. Bombay blew his whistle and it all came back. "Everybody freeze!" He called and the Ducks turned their attention to him.

Now, we didn't come here to fight. We came here to play hockey! We're team USA, you represent your country!" 

"That's right." Mr. Tibbles added, chuckling.

"Now I want you t-" "To be all that you can be! Right? You gotta raise yourself up, guys!" He interrupted as Bombay started to get annoyed. Mr. Tibbles put his hands up, backing away, the team snickered. "Alright now. let's started with the scrimmage!" "Great! Scrimmage!" Mr. Tibbles professed blowing his whistle before Bombay could, "You heard your coach now.. hey. You don't need me here. I've got an appointment anyway, I've got to see Mrs. MacKay. She's the team tutor." he nagged, starting to walk away.

"Don." Coach Bombay begun, raising his hand, "Come on." He waited for Tibbles to give him the whistle around his neck, and finally did. "You'll get it back at the end of the school term." The Ducks again laughed as a group, Y/n snorted quietly.

"Alright, Ducks. Show 'em what you got! Scrimmage!"

This is unedited so I hope there is no major mistakes

This is unedited so I hope there is no major mistakes. I'm also terrible as a writer and I hope this story does not flop. Also thank you all for the support on this book already! <3