SON OF ATHENA

"Sister?", Grover asked, clearly wondering if he had missed something.

"Oh yeah", Percy replied, "We forgot to tell you. You were in California for your Lord-of-the-Wild business. Dumbledore is Athena's son."

"What?", Grover asked, stunned.

"My mother fell in love with a wizard and unfortunately neither them knew the truth about each other. When Dumbledore was born, Athena realized what has happened and informed the gods.", Annabeth took a deep breath, "A council was held and the gods decided to give Albus the choice when he was old enough. Till then he grew up in the wizarding world. At the age of 8, Dumbledore chose to be a wizard. Even though the gods couldn't remove Athena's aspect from him, they made sure he was cut-off from the Greek world.", Annabeth completed.

"You had to make the choice when you were eight? Seriously?", Leo asked.

"The brain of an Athena's child develops faster than a normal human's.", Dumbledore replied.

"Oh, that's why Annabeth ran away from her home when she was seven?", Percy said.

Everyone pointedly ignored him.

"But why couldn't they just let it be? Why give the choice?", Leo inquired.

"It was necessary. There's a reason Greek gods do not contact with other gods. They are aware of all the other gods be it Egyptian or Norse but acknowledging them could lead to total chaos. The wizarding world and the world of gods had to be kept separate otherwise it would have lead to more evils coming up.", Dumbledore said.

"Who all know that you're a demigod?"

"The gods, Chiron and you.", he replied.

"I always thought I had a personal connection with the wizards, with them shooting fireballs and all.", Leo said, looking around.

Seeing their blank faces he shrugged, "Seriously, none of you played Clash Of Clans or what?"

"Speaking of time, which we weren't, you all better change your robes", Dumbledore said handing them their trunks, "The feast is going to start and I'll have to leave soon. Your wands are in your trunks. I had to specially order them since wands choses their wizards and you're not wizards. A lot of pain had to be taken but I am sure they will work for you now."

"And our sorting will take place too?", Annabeth asked.

"Unfortunately, yes.", Dumbledore replied, "Though being half-bloods and not wizards, I hope you'll be able to manipulate the hat. Otherwise it can be quite messy. Now, I'll be going. don't be late to the feast."

Dumbledore walked to the door of his office and turned back just leaving, "And I hope Chiron has informed you about.. ah.. our situation?"

"About evil Voldy and his chicks?", Percy said, "Yeah, we are specifically ordered to just leave that matter alone. No interfering."

"Accurately.", Dumbledore smiled, "And Mr. Underwood? I guess your business is elsewhere?"

Grover nodded, "I'll be in the forbidden forest."

"Do you need directions?", Dumbledore asked politely.

"No, a satyr can always find the forest.", he replied.

Dumbledore smiled. Turning to the other three he said, "Meet you at the feast.". Then he left, closing the door behind him.