Chapter 0

Mr. Incredible: Is this on?

Interviewer: That's fine.

Mr. Incredible: I can break through walls, I just can't...

Interviewer: That's fine.

Mr. Incredible: I can't get this on.

Interviewer: So, Mr. Incredible... do you have a secret identity?

Mr. Incredible: Every superhero has a secret identity. I don't know a single one who doesn't. Who wants the pressure of being super all the time?

Elastigirl: Of course I have a secret identity. Can you see me in this at the supermarket? Come on. Who'd want to go shopping as Elastigirl, y'know what I mean?

Frozone: Superladies, they're always trying to tell you their secret identity. Think it'll strengthen the relationship or something like that. I said, "Girl, I don't want to know about your mild-mannered alter ego." or anything like that. I mean, you tell me you're a super-mega-ultra-lightning-babe, that's all right with me. I'm good. I'm good.

Mr. Incredible: No matter how many times you save the world, it always manages to get back in jeopardy again. Sometimes I just want it to stay saved, you know? For a little bit. I feel like the maid. I just cleaned up this mess. Can we keep it clean for ten minutes?!

Interviewer: I could get to that point.

Mr. Incredible: Please?

Interviewer: Wait, no, don't get up. We're not finished.

Mr. Incredible: Sometimes l think I'd just like the simple life, you know? Relax a little and raise a family.

Elastigirl: Settle down? Are you kidding? I'm at the top of my game! I'm right up there with the big dogs! Girls, come on. Leave the saving of the world to the men? I don't think so! I don't think so.

Scene 2: Mr. Incredible

Police Radio: We interrupt for an important bulletin. A deadly high-speed pursuit between police and armed gunmen is underway, traveling northbound on San Pablo Ave.

Mr. Incredible: Yeah, I've got time.

Old Lady: Mr. Incredible. Um, Mr. Incredible...

Mr. Incredible: What is it, ma'am?

Old Lady: My cat, Squeaker, won't come down.

(cat meows.)

Mr. Incredible: Certainly, ma'am but I suggest you stand clear. There could be trouble.

Old Lady: No, no. He's quite tame.

Mr. Incredible: Let go now!

(cat yowls.)

Police Officer 1: Thank you, Mr. Incredible. You've done it again.

Police Officer 2: Yeah, you're the best.

Mr. Incredible: No, I'm just here to help.