Chapter 2

Riko's POV

Today will be start of training. I met up with all of the coaches and made a small discussion.

"So what do you think?" I ask.

All the coaches nodded in agreement.

"Let's play." The coaches said.

I then went out to announced the best thing ever! I went skipping out. When the guys saw me they all felt sick cause they know what this mean.

"Listen up! We will be having a practice match with The GoM!" I yelled excitedly.

"I will now be announcing the matches." I gleefully said.

"1st match will be Shūtoku vs Kaījo

2nd match will be Seirin vs Yōsen

3rd match will be Tōō vs Rakuzan"

Everyone was tensed. They know that they haven't settled in yet and know they are battling the GoM.

"I know that you haven't settled in yet but this practice game can help you. You can see what you are lacking in once you play." I encouraged.

I then saw Kagami smirked.

'That bakagami is fired up, ey?' I looked at the excited man as he puts his fists together.

"We're gonna have a great time beating them."

I then hit the Bakagami on the head. Annoyed by his cockiness.

"Don't get cocky, Bakagami! Just because we beat them before doesn't mean we'll beat them again." I scolded in anger.

He was rubbing his head trying to ease the pain while Teppei was trying to calm me down. The Baka then looked at me seriously.

"I know that coach. I know that they are strong. I know that beatting them before dosen't assure our victory." I then sighed.

'That Baka is finally growing.'

The team was silent at Kagami speaking like that and looked at him weird.

"W-WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO KAGAMI!?!?!?!" Koganei joked while Mitobe just nodded.

Eveyone sweat dropped. I then looked back at them.

"Okay eveyone! Let's get out there and play basketball!" I yelled. Everyone screamed in agreement.

We then reached the court. Luckily, the game for Shutoku and Kaijo is just starting so we could still see the show. I then saw something from the corner of my eye. I couldn't tell whether it is a he or she but that person was.... smirking? Once I blinked the person was gone.

'Must be my imagination. I'm working too hard.' I thought to myself. This was going to be a long day.