"Would you be mine?"

"Mr. Hawke has a nice ass." I said, to the displeasure of Carmen and Poppy. I watched the twelfth grade History teacher jog up the stairs, wearing a pair of fitted black trousers, as I picked at my salad. "Being the track team coach serves him well."

        "That's fucking nasty, Dama." Carmen followed my stare as he rounded a corner and disappeared.

        My eyes flickered down the arrangement of lettuce on my pastic plate. "Just because I don't like stupid, horny highschool boys, doens't mean my taste in men is . . . nasty." I rolled my eyes. 

        "Whatever. He's not even that cute." She slumped into her chair as I tossed the plate into the trashcan beside the table.

        "You'll think he's cute after one of these immature dumbasses breaks your heart." I countered, still thinking about his handsome face. "I think I'll drop by practice after school to watch him run."

        Poppy shook her head, a slight smile on her face. "I'd join you, but Tate and I are going to visit his brother."

        Carmen snorted, "Why bother looking at the track team when you've got Tate-fucking-Moore for a boyfriend?"

        Poppy turned red as a few students in the cafeteria turned to stare. "We're not dating." She said in a quieter voice.

        "Yet." Carmen added. Then she turned to me. "Have fun. I'm going to meet up with Jax. I'm hoping this'll be the weekend I lose my virginity. Rumor has it, he's wild in bed."

        She stood and left, tossing her plate away as she strode past.

        "And you say I've got bad taste." I rolled my eyes.