The Sickness

(y/n)'s POV 

Coughing loudly as I was in my room I turned to lean over the side of my bed. I had been in my bed for a few days now. After I got home a lot of nausea, coughing, headaches and paranoia had set in. My mom is worried and comes in to check on me every couple of hours. Probably making sure I'm still breathing. 

I haven't had a fever so my mom doesn't know what's going on. She was going to call for an ambulance but I told her not to, that I'd be okay in a couple of days. All that's happened is I've been getting worse. 

The coughing and headaches got worse after i got home, and that turned into headaches bad enough that I wouldn't be able to stand up, let alone keep my eyes open. I would start coughing just from going to talk. The nausea set in the day after that, and now I feel like I've been being watched. That everything is watching me, and everything is following me around. 

I had my mom close the curtains, I had told her so I could sleep better without the sun interrupting and blinding me, but it was really so no one could see inside my room. Every time I turned around I thought I saw someone or something peeking into my room. When I looked there was nothing there.  

Pulling the blanket over my head as I balled myself up a little I coughed a bit more. Laying under the blanket I felt a little safer since I felt that no one could see me. The hair on the back of my neck stood up and I sat up, taking the blankets off of me. Looking around my room, I watched as the curtain blew in the wind. Furrowing my brows I got up and stepped over to it, seeing that the window was open. 

Being pretty sure that it was supposed to be closed, I looked around the room. Watching a glint of something orange being in the corner of my room. Blinking as I tried to focus my eyes on whatever it was, I watched as it moved. Someone in a striped hoodie with goggles jumped at me and knocked me to the ground. Trying to kick him off, he covered my mouth with a gloved hand. 

"Shhhh." he whispered as he put a finger up to the mask he wore. "Don't make me have to go after dear old mom and your baby brother." he said before I blinked and saw my mom shaking me and looking at me worried. 

"(y/n)? What is it? Why are you screaming?" she asked as she saw that I was back to reality. Looking at my mom I put a hand on her arm as she looked at me. 

"I'm okay, I think it was just a bad dream." I said as she sighed gently. "I'm taking you to the hospital tomorrow." she said and I shook my head. "No, don't. I don't believe that's necessary." I said and she sighed gently before crossing her arms. 

"You haven't been eating anything, you just stay up here and sleep for most of the day. Every once in a while I hear you cough hard enough that it sounds like you're coughing up a lung." she said, the worry clear in her tone. 

"I know mom, but I'm okay, I promise." I said. Looking for a moment she was quiet before she nodded and decided that she wouldn't press me anymore. Kissing my forehead she went back to her room after closing the door gently behind her. Sitting in my bed for a moment, I looked at my computer as the light that said it was asleep breathed on and off. 

Getting up I walked over to the desk and sat down, wiggling the mouse as I woke it up. It came to life after a second and I saw that the Slender: The Arrival was still on the main menu. Looking at the menu there was something that was new on it. Clicking to see what new content there was, I watched as a video of my room came up. 

It was a fast forward of me sleeping, only the window opened up from the outside and the same guy from my nightmare came into the room. Walking over to my closet he put something down before he snuck back out. Feeling my heart pound in my chest, as I watched it. Closing the game entirely as it started to loop I stared at my monitor. Seeing the reflection of myself on it as it was staring back at me. 

Going to a web browser that i had, I clicked on it and started googling things about Slender. Reading about proxies, and how he recruits people, I stumbled upon something called The Sickness or Slender Sickness. Clicking on the link I read through the web page. 

'The Sickness, sometimes called Slender Sickness, is the name given to an apparent sickness consisting mostly of coughing fits and coughing up blood, along with occasional nausea, paranoia, vomiting, and extreme exhaustion due to an encounter and being stalked by the Slender Man. Many have also had bloody noses, fever, and sometimes amnesia. It is experienced mostly by those stalked by Slender.' 

Leaning back in my chair as i read that I gulped gently. Turning my monitor off as I went to get up, only to fall to my knees in a coughing fit. Feeling something come up my throat I watched as a little bit of blood hit my carpet. With my eyes wide and staring in horror I watched as my own blood started to spread into the carpet. 

Hearing the clap of thunder from outside of my window, it changed my attention from the blood on the floor to the window. Crawling over to the window, I looked out of it, my eyes dancing around for a second before they fell on him. There he was, Slender. Standing in the rain on the sidewalk while a car drove by. He was illuminated for a moment, but the car moved along as if he wasn't there. Staring at him for a moment, I blinked before he was gone. Feeling woozy after he vanished, I turned from the window to try and get back into bed and sleep, only for me to fall over on the floor and pass out. 

~

Oh shit, would you look at that, stuffs gonna go down soon my dudes. I think there's only going to be a few more chapters for this book and when if you guys want more, then I'll make a sequel for it. Just let me know. 

(1130 words)