The night together

everyone, besides tonia and paimon went to rest. the rest of us four were heading to our areas to sleep.

"i'm sorry you had to go through this much," said childe. i just kept my head down, hiding myself.
 "it's, fine. just, make sure to reason with them after," i said, head still down.
"will do," he said.
he then opened the door, and walked in.
 "you can sleep on the bed, i'll get me a blanket, mat, and pillow." he said.
 "wait wait no! this is your room, you should sleep on your bed. i'll sleep on the floor!" i said, not noticing as my face lit up.
 "that's no way to treat a girl, or guest," said childe, more serious than expected.
 "but! uhh,, umm, well, wait! wait! let me think," i said.
1 HOUR LATER there then was childe and i, same room, same bed.
 "tsk, what an idea you gave. well, night," he said, as he turned to his right.
yet, i couldn't sleep. i had a lot in my head, mostly about childe and what occurred. staring at the roof wasn't as useful. i turned to his right.
 "ajax?" i asked. no response. i sighed, guess he fell asleep just like that.
 "that, was my old name," he responded at last. i didn't know what to reply to that, as i had a lot of questions all in one. "what happened, to that name?" i asked. he went quiet again. "I, i want to know your past more. all i know - little of - is tartaglia. but, i want to know what happened to be a Fatui, to let go of Ajax. i like this childe side of you, Ajax," he turned towards me, and looked into my glowing eyes. "well, that'll have to be a story to tell for tomorrow. it's late, and you need some rest for your energy to rise," he said. i smiled and nodded. i was content enough to rest with his smile back at him. he turned right again, and i closed my eyes.

i still couldn't sleep, yet i don't think i was the only one who couldn't. i'm surprised, usually childe would tease me ever since.
"looks like we're the ones up tonight, ojou-chan," said childe.
"how'd you know i was-"
"shh, my turn to speak now pipsqueak," he interrupted.
pipsqueak. pipsqueak!!?? the absolute nerv-
"hey girlie, how about that date at snezhnaya, hmm?"