20

^^(Addy)

I turned on my side and stretched my stiff limbs. I opened my eyes and glanced at the white interior. I then sat up and looked around. It looked as if I were in a hotel. How'd I get here? I then rubbed the back of my hand and was surprised it didn't hurt. Actually, nothing hurt. I remembered the surprise attack and being beaten, but I had no marks or scars to prove it. I'd have believed it was all a figment of my imagination if I hadn't mysteriously ended up in a hotel room.

I felt the bed dip, so I turned and saw Kiki looking at me. She gave me a small smile and held her hands out. I looked to see brand new black hearing aids. I hesitantly took them and positioned them in my ear. Kiki leaned closer to adjust the hearing aid.

"How are you feeling?" She sat on her hind legs.

"Better than I expected." I smiled. "I'm confused because I was in so much pain before, but now I don't feel anything." She smirked at my words. "How come?"

"I healed you." She smiled and handed me a plate of pancakes. "I also ordered these for you. Apparently, they have the best apple cinnamon pancakes." She blushed and handed the plate to me.

"How did you heal me?" I was confused as I ate the pancakes.

"I did a spell that was able to heal your entire body. I couldn't stand seeing you in pain. And then I got you some new hearing aids!" Huh, she must've taken me to the doctor or given me medical attention. "Though, I feel like I should constantly make your hearing aids under warranty since they get destroyed rather quickly." She winked while I groaned.

"The sad part is that no one will believe me." I sighed.

"What do you mean?"

"Have you ever found yourself speaking and no one believes or takes you seriously?"

"Yes, I answer all your questions, but you still don't seem convinced." I rolled my eyes at the thought of her always speaking in metaphors. "But go ahead..."

"Mama will refuse to believe me and my peers will say I'm a liar. They adore Paxton, so-"

"That's the boy's name." She spat. "I wish to disembowel him." I giggled at her ridiculousness. How would she disembowel him?

"How'd you even find me? Were you nearby or-"

"I heard you begging for me." I blushed while she sighed and looked down. "You sounded so frail... I thought I wouldn't make it in time. And then how broken you sounded when I arrived..." She cleared her throat and looked away. I could've sworn I saw tears in her eyes. "It was too much to know that you were suffering while I wasn't there to protect you."

"Thank you." I hugged her, catching her off guard. "Just please don't leave me again." I mumbled into her chest.

"About that..." I lifted my head to see a guilty expression on her face. "I have to leave again." I couldn't believe what I was hearing. "M-My friends are in trouble and I have to help them-"

"No!" I shocked her and myself. "Please don't leave me!" I tightened my arms around her. "Please, I'm terrified to go home!" This was the first time I was admitting that. "Mama is gonna beat me and I-I can't take it anymore. I trust you and I feel like you watch out for me. Please don't leave. I'm terrified."

"Ad-"

"Don't go!" I was fully crying now. "I don't know what they'll do to me. I'm scared, Kiki. I'm really scared. I don't wanna go home. What are they gonna do to me?!" I clutched onto her shirt.

"I don't want to leave, but I-"

"Mama is gonna use the knife this time." I began hyperventilating. "She's used the bat and belt and punched and kicked and- you can't leave me!" I looked into her pained face. "If you go then they may actually kill me. They already took so much from me, so they wouldn't hesitate with my life." I mumbled into her chest. "You leaving is essentially killing me." I whispered.