20| Cuddle

Chapter 20: Cuddle (Ace's POV)

I was sitting on my side of the bed, the left side, waiting for her to come out of the bathroom. I don't know what we're going to do now. Maybe we'll just sleep, maybe we'll talk, maybe we'll plan a honeymoon.

The door opened and she came out while rubbing hand cream on with her hair in a low ponytail. She let the ponytail out, the hair tie around his wrist now, while she ruffled her hair and ran her fingers through it. "I sleep on the left," she said, looking at me.

"Not anymore," I smirked.

She rolled her eyes and sat down on her side of the bed. I noticed that she didn't go on her phone. She probably wanted to, just so she could avoid talking to me, but she didn't. She turned to me and caught me staring. "Now what?" she asked.

I shrugged. "Are you sleepy?"

"Not that much. You?"

"Me neither."

Silence for one beat. Then two. Then three.

"Why don't you tell me more about yourself?"

She frowned, "You know me well enough."

"No, I don't. I only know you as Chase's little sister and Mr. John's daughter right now. Tell me more about you. Growing up, school, work. Anything."

"And you'll do the same?"

I nodded. "That's how a conversation works. Go ahead. Start at the beginning."

She sighed, "Um, I went to Redwood Academy, that was my high school. From there I went to Northwestern University."

"You did?"

"Kind of. I went on and off the first year and then I had to switch to their online courses because my dad and brother thought it's safer. And they could keep an eye on me and who's talking to me."

"And why did they have to do that?"

She shrugged. "A lot of people would come to me asking for them, asking if I knew them. It was for my safety."

I nodded in understanding. "So, what were you like in high school?"

"Quiet," she snorted. "I didn't talk to a lot of people."

"Because you didn't want to?"

"Because everybody knew which family I came from. And let's face it, everybody knows that the families in our circle are involved in something illegal. High school kids know that too. Everybody was scared to approach me. So, I didn't approach anyone either. Except for Aria. Our parents knew each other, so I knew her."

"What about boyfriends?"

"I just had one throughout high school. I got lucky because he was French, didn't know my background, so I was able to connect with him. And he even taught me a little French."

"Say something in French."

She turned to me. "Tu es mon mari." You are my husband.

I studied French throughout high school, but I'll tell her that when it's my turn.

"Do you know what that means?" she questioned.

I chuckled, "What about your college days? No boyfriends?"

"No. Considering that I was doing college from my bedroom, no boyfriends."

I don't know how much of that is true, but I'll give the benefit of the doubt and drop it. "What about your family?"