chapter 16

after about 2 hours of calling everyone and getting everyone down here, it happened everyone was already in there including some new people.

I walked in and turned the fancy projector on. "hey guys so you may be wondering why the hell you are all here well Fury came to me today told me one of his ideas and then got me to tell you people so yeah" 

"right so SHIELD is building a new compound it is going o be a facility not just for Agents, raining, and other people among SHIELD but also the Avengers what would happen is that when this compound will be built it will be Avenger headquarters you will live there eat, sleep all of it you will get missions and briefings there. this is mainly so that you can all get along and get used to each other before going to missions but then again not be annoyed by each other and I know that most of you have family and life we get that so we are putting that into consideration. any question" I finished and everyone hands went up.

"tony you first and no stupid comments please," I said.

"How big is this compound and how much room with there be," he asked.

"I don't know the exact size but it is like 25 acres or something it has a massive gym on one for it has whole sections for training it has gun ranges, archery ranges, movie rooms, over like 25 bedrooms, as a massive kitchen living room, a meeting room, it has I think a trampoline room or something I don't know entirely what will be going in there but enough room for you to have your own space."

"steve"

"Why are you presenting this and not Fury," he asked.

"right well he has given me the delight of being like the boss man of what happens when you live to hear so I know some of you have trouble sleeping so if you need like a soundproof room and then we will be setting ground rules for how we keep out of each other's ways and when to keep a distance from each other and also Maria will be helping me with all of that," I said.

"erm bucky," I said.

"Why am I here last time I check I was a danger," he said.

"well, I have no idea Fury said for me to bring you maybe we have a different plan for you as though you have been settling in," I said.

"one question who is this guy," I said pointing to two dudes.

"that Rhodes he's best mates with Tony and that is sam he has been helping us on missions lately," Natasha said.

"oh okay good to know,"  said.

***

I answered everyone questions and then I was finally able to do last-minute paperwork and then head home.

***

I walked into the apartment to see the place pitch black except for the living room from where there was a light coming from the TV. I walked in seeing maria rolled up in a blanket on the sofa watching some nature show or something.

"Hey you hungry I'm gonna make some food," I asked her and I got no answer. I walked closer to see if she was awake and she was.

"Hey you hungry," I repeated still getting the silent treatment.

"Okay I'm gonna cook food and ill leave your portion on the side," I said walking into the kitchen.

I didn't make anything too complicated seems a though it was late so I made some grilled cheese but rolled in and some tomato soup.

I walked to my gaming desk and put the food on my desk then went back and put her plate and bowl on the table in front of her.

I know I should get her to talk but I was taught not to agitate angry women so I am going to let her talk to me it seems to always work with my female friends it's a good bit of advice if you ask me.

I set up my game and started to play some among us with some friend from back in LA. we were halfway through the first round when I noticed movement coming from the coach I looked to see maria eating the food I gave her.

* a couple of hours later*

it was midnight and I was walking into my well our room to keep Maria had already sneaked off to bed. I stripped down to my underwear not bothering to hang anything up and climbed straight into bed. once I had gotten comfy heard maria whisper  "did you mean it "

"mean what," I said back half asleep.

"what you said this morning did you mean it," she said rolling over to look at me. when I saw her face she looked like a lost puppy.

"I don't know darling but get some sleep," I said kissing her cheek and rolling over to sleep

she mover a bit and snuggled into my neck wanting to hug so I rolled over and spooned her. as we both fell asleep