Crusade of Remnant

Crusade of Remnant

Siege of Vale

Death Korps of Krieg

The room was grey, made of semen and concrete alike. The lights on the roof flickered as an explosion rang nearby as dust fell to the unlucky inhabitants below them. There are thirty people in the room, they sat on the side of the room leaving the middle to be filled with crates of heavy weaponry and equipment; Heavy machineguns, ammunitions and multiple types of Dust.

Ruby Rose, the leader of Team RWBY was one of the people inside the room along with her teammates sat beside her. Their bodies were tensed, clasping their hands together or grabbing their weapon tightly as another explosion rang nearby, shaking the ground beneath their feet and flickering the lights above.

“Fucking hell,” Yang Xiao Long, half-sister of Ruby Rose and one of the four members of team RWBY cursed, loud enough for the entire room to hear her, “When will they stop their bombardment? It’s been six hours since we have been trapped here in this damned bunker with nowhere to go.”

“Calm yourself, Xiao Long, if you wanted to so badly to go outside, go out there and let yourself be killed by your foolishness.” The man’s voice was heard throughout the room, it was stern and sharp enough to rival Professor Goodwitch from Beacon Academy, even outmatch her.

Lieutenant Laurence, an officer of the Protector of Vale or the Guardian of Vale as they were called, glaring at Yang. He was a middle aged man, probably in his fifties, but the scars on his face makes him looks older.

Yang turned her head sharply to the lieutenant, “What do you mean ‘calm’?! Didn’t you see that they want to kill us all, we should join-”

“And let the Imperium ruled us all?” The Lieutenant interrupted, “We don’t know what happen to us when the Imperium ruled over Remnant and nobody on Remnant wants to be ruled by an unknown empire. Just because their empire name is ‘The Imperium of Man’ doesn’t mean that we are their friends.”

“But they are people, not alien.” Ruby said, joining the conversation.

Lieutenant Laurence turned his head at Ruby, “How naïve are you,” he mocked, “just because they are people doesn’t mean that we are fine with them.”

“But-“

“Shut your mouth, kid!” Another voice snarled from another side, it was a wolf Faunus, judging by the ears on his head and a Guardian based on his green uniform. On his hand is a bolt action rifle, a weapon for the Guardian, “Nobody wants to hear your childish opinion.”

“Hey, leave my sister alone!” Yang snarled.

“Then wake her from her ‘Rainbow Land.’ ” The Faunus made a sign with his hands.

“Leave him alone, Yang.” Weiss Schnee put her hand on her teammate’s shoulder to calm her.

The last member of team RWBY, Blake Belladona, nodded her head in agreement. She didn’t say too much, only speaking when she was needed to.

The war defending Remnant from the Imperium of Man has begun since a month ago -or the Crusade of Remnant as the Imperium called it- and during that time, a kingdom has fell within weeks, the Kingdom of Mistral.

The island of Menagerie was different, they surrendered themselves willingly to the Imperium. 

The Huntsman was an obstacle for the Imperium during the first battle of Mistral. They clearly didn’t expect the various Semblances the Huntsman posed but with their advanced technology and firepower, the Imperium managed to put down the Huntsman.

There are a rumor about the Slaughter of Shinrin forest on Mistral, where a group of local Huntsman made their final stand against the Imperium. Rumor says that there is a Huntress that survived the slaughter. She warned them about those who oppose the Emperor only met with death in the hands of His Angels. Then after few days she was gone. No one knows what happened to her.