RUNAWAY

♠︎

♠︎

they were walking down the tracks, dropping off chunks of raw meat along the rail tracks.

"all right, so let me get this straight. eve is eleven's twin sister and they both came from hawkins lab?" steve questioned, having not stopped with his questions about the girls well since dustin got off his supercomm with a rather shocked sounding lucas.

"yes! we have much important things to discuss like..about how we're going to survive." dustin protested.

eve let out a sigh of relief, she never liked people talking about her.

"okay. well, so you kept something that you knew was probably dangerous to impress a girl..you just met?!" steve then said in shock.

dustin rolled his eyes. "all right, that's grossly oversimplifying things." he had stated.

"i mean, why would a girl like some nasty slug anyway?" steve had wondered out loud.

"an interdimensional slug?" dustin furrowed his brows. "because it's awesome." he then said with a smirk tugging onto his lips.

"well, even if she thought it was cool, which she didn't, i... i just... i don't know. i just feel like you're trying way too hard." steve claimed.

"well, not everyone can have your perfect hair, all right?" dustin disclosed.

"It's not about the hair, man. the key with girls is just... just acting like you don't care." steve asserted.

"even if you do?" dustin accused.

"yeah, exactly. it drives them nuts." steve claimed.

eve huffed, trying to tune them out as she tossed raw meat over in the side of the tracks.

she wondered what el was doing right now. if she was okay and if she had gotten to talk to mama.

her mind then wandered over to el and hopper's fight last night. how she proclaimed that she hated him and how hopper then threatened to take them back to the lab.

that part hurt her the most. she hoped hopper wasn't being serious about taking them back. she really didn't want to go.

"it's like before it's gonna storm, you know? you can't see it, but you can feel it, like this, uh... electricity, you know?"

"oh, like in the electromagnetic field when the clouds in the atmosphere-"

eve furrowed her brows at them. what the heck were they going on about?

"no, no, no, no, no. like a... like a sexual electricity." steve said, cutting him off.

eve scrunched her nose up in disgust. she had once asked hopper what the word 'sexual' meant once, when accidentally coming across a book that mentioned the word. she couldn't read anything from the book, but just that word alone really stuck out to her even though she had said it completely wrong the first time she had mentioned it to the chief himself.