Chapter One - It's A Job

OKAY this starts off really fast, I know, but I promise it wont stay like that

Chapter 1

It was Blake that woke me that windy late August day, I had been in London little over three months now.

“Quinn, wakey wakey, boss called, he wants you at HQ in an hour.” His voice was alive a happy and even through my bedroom door I could hear the constant smile on my brother’s face, I knew it was Blake simply because Tyler wasn’t a morning person, Blake was. I groaned, blinked several times and rolled over. What did the boss want so early on a Sunday?

“Tyler has been there since three this morning, got called in on an urgent matter, I’m due in too.” Blake continued, not really caring that I was tired. I heaved one more sigh, bid goodbye to my warm blanket and slowly rose from bed. I yawned, stood, got dizzy and fell back down, missing the bed and landing on the floor. Typical me, can’t have any reflexes in the mornings.

company’s

“Jeez Q, did you break the floor?” Blake laughed loudly at the thump I made.

“Oh get lost Blake!” I called out to him as I stood up, making my way to my closet and throwing on my work clothes, a black fitted pant suit, a white fitted blouse and black riding boots. I holstered my gun and made sure it was well concealed, placed my spring action knife in my purse, put my long dark chestnut hair up into a ballerina bun and added the finishing touched of red lipstick and mascara.

What can I say, if you work for The Company you have to look the part.

I stepped out my door to see Blake in a black dress shirt and dark blue jeans, pointed toed dress shoes, a heavy silver watch added to his assemble and to top it off he had a leather jacket in his hand hanging over his shoulder.

“No Q, were taking the motor cycles today, no pant suit.” Was all he said. Of course, I rolled my eyes, when Tyler wasn’t around Blake insisted on the motorcycles but Tyler wouldn’t allow it usually. I sighed and went back into my room, changing into black combat boots, a black silk blouse and black skinny jeans. I grabbed my phone this time and a leather jacket, taking my hair out and quickly French braiding it.

This time when I walked out I was handed a juice box and half a PB and J sandwich which I gratefully took. Mmm food…

Later as Blake and I were entering HQ I received a text from an unknown number. 

From: 555-4657

Hello Q

To: 555-4657

Sorry you have the wrong number

I replied quickly, keeping my face blank, I’d get Tyler to trace the number if they text back, Blake however seemed to notice my unease, he was one of the few who could, him, Tyler, Sam and Alice. Sam and Alice, they are a story for later, remind me. The elevator beeped and Blake and I walked through the open doors to the top floor of HQ where the Boss’s office was. Tyler was already sitting in the waiting room with dark circles under his eyes. When he saw us he stood and gave a brief smile.

“I supposed to brief you. Early this morning the night team found a piece of info, and we have reason to believe there will be a major hit on Westfield London Shopping Centre Tuesday at 1pm sharp. Currently the boy band One Direction are also due there from 11pm to 2pm the same day. The Boss is on the phone with them, their manager and their head of security right now in hopes of convincing them to still go, as to not create any confusion or commotion. The threat seems to be a bomb, larger than any we have seen since the attack on Buckingham in ’04. We believe it to be the work of a known terrorist going by John Peter Smith, we have no idea what he looks like or anything, only that his last attack was on the White House in ’06, and that if it weren’t for him not being able to get in it would have gone off perfectly.” Tyler was very solemn during the brief and I saw he was looking a little peaky, it wasn’t like him. I also knew this was the largest case I have had and it was taking place the day after tomorrow.