61

doppelgängers are ruining my life!

"ALRIGHT, SO, DOWNSIDE IS, NEITHER OF THEM ARE GIVING ELENA UP," Athena turns from the two bloodied boys, her hands on her hips as she faces the group awaiting her and Damon. "Upside, Matt has lost enough blood that he can now be compelled. Tyler, on the other hand,"

Her dark eyes fall on the barely-conscious werewolf and she frowns. "He's going to be a problem."

"Why can't we just keep him here?"

Athena glances at Rebekah before fixing her gaze on the werewolf. "Because his mom is the mayor, and she'd notice if he missed the first day of school."

"How about this," Damon rolls his eyes and kneels before Matt, grabbing his jaw to compel him. "You're going to go home and clean yourself up, and you're going to attend school as normal in the morning. But you can't tell anybody what we did to you, especially Elena,"

His mischievous blue eyes glimmer as he slides his gaze to Tyler, a smirk growing on his face. "As for you," He looked back at Matt. "If Tyler tells anybody, I want you to attack him. And I don't want you to stop until one of you is dead."

Patting the boy's jaw mockingly, he stood back up, meeting Tyler's frightened gaze. "How's that for an ultimatum?"

──────

"Here we are," Caroline sighed, a grin on her face as the three girls looked up at the brick building they'd spent nearly four full years of their lives in. "Senior year."

Bonnie shrugged, tilting her head slightly. "I feel like this should be more exciting,"

Athena snorted in agreement, nodding. "Compared to our extracurriculars, high school is nothing. And our lives are very different than they were this time last year,"

Caroline clapped her hands together, nodding as they walked towards the school. "This time last year, Athena and I weren't speaking because I was royally stupid,"

"And Athena and I hated each other," Bonnie and Athena shared a mutually apologetic look, smiling slightly.

"On this day last year, I ran into Stefan for the very first time," Athena grinned, her smile pulling wide. "But our actual anniversary isn't for another month or two."

As if summoned, the blond vampire comes up behind Athena, wrapping his arms around her waist and spinning her around. Athena laughs, the sound drawing a few stares their way.

Smacking his shoulder, she tried to speak through her laughter. "Stefan, put me down!"

He gently set her back down on her heels but didn't let her get another word in as he cupped her cheek and kissed her. Pulling back with a smile, he brushed his thumb against the ridges of her scar, the mark significantly healed compared to what it looked like last year. "Good morning,"