Chapter: 2

I stood there for what felt like hours, trying to gather my thoughts together.

"Can i come in ?" they say in an awkward tone

I stall for a second, before letting them in without a word. I close the door behind them as we make our way to the kitchen table.

"Huh, not much has changed" they say with a half chuckle

"Yeah, its always been the same" I say, the air being so dense I could cut it with a knife

"I'm sorry i didn't make the funeral i had-" they say skittishly as i interrupt them

"So, why are you really here Tara" i say firmly, making eye contact for the first time.

"I didn't want you to have to deal with everything" She says while sitting further into the chair

"But me dealing with the funeral alone was fine?"i say with a harsh breath.

I instantly regretted what i said.

"i'm sorry, i didn't mean it" i said desperately

"no no, you're right Talia i've been shitty like he was" she says with glossy eyes.

"it's fine, i know you didn't mean any harm" i say putting my head in my hands.

i sigh, "i don't know how to talk to you, you left years ago just to act like everything is fine?" i say not looking at her.

"i just don't get it, he was a shitty father so why come back, why now ?" i continue to say

"this is my home too, sure i left but i'm here, i'm back" she says.

"you think it's that easy ? you can just come in here and claim some type of right." i say beginning to move my head from my hands

"i was 9 tara, i was 9 taking care of our drunk daddy, having to pick him up after he would get so drunk he threw up all over himself" i say looking straight at her.

"i'm sorry- i didnt kno-" she tries to say

"Don't tara. Just don't." i interrupt her

"you knew what you left me to deal with, there's nothing left to say." i say holding back tears.

we once again, sit in silence processing our bitter family reunion.

"if you're here for money theres none, he drank it all away. In his will he left you the cutlass so you can get it and leave." i say without a thought.

she looks at me, without saying a word for a moment.

"look, i won't try to act like my choices didn't affect you, but there's a lot you didn't understand" she tries to explain to me.

"i'm going to stay at a hotel tonight, but i hope to see you soon and talk more" she says while writing down her number on a napkin for me.

"i'm moving back." she says in a low tone.

and just like that, my sister was back.

Author note: Sorry for the lag on chapters, i just been having to catch up on school due to me getting the cold😅 This chapter was kind of a filler so you guys can understand the anger she feels towards her sister !! I promise the 3rd chapter will be better ! :D as always vote on my story and leave comments !!