Chapter 30

Chapter Inspiration: Hurricane by 30 Seconds to Mars

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

When the two arrived at the destruction zone where they last sensed Azmaria's chakra there was no sign of her. Or her opponent. Obviously, he had rushed off and left the Village. "Az!" Tamahome called out. Hoping to receive an answer back.

"Damn," Sanchi muttered. "Who the hell was this second intruder?"

Some rubble shifted further from their position before chunks of debris became dislodged for a hand to drag the individual free. It was the Soldier, struggling in a way they had never seen before.

"Az!" they exclaimed. The two rushed to immediately assist her.

"Just stay still!" Tamahome directed. He held onto their teammate to start healing the noticeable injuries, while Sanchi quickly began to pull away what trapped the rest of their partner. "We're going to help you–"

"Where is he?" she cut him off. Tone ragged and strained.

"They're gone. They're all gone."

The Soldier heard the double meaning behind the words, looking up to the sky and not finding her Master. "Master Gaara!" Azmaria called out. There was no answer, nor did the sand, what little came to her aid, reacted to her words. "Master Gaara!" she screamed. Sheer willpower pulled herself the rest of the way out to attempt crawling on hands and knees.

"Idiot! Stop moving!" Tamahome ordered. He knew she was trying to stand and held her down to prevent that. "You nearly got yourself killed just now! Stay put!"

"No! They took him! I can't sit here!"

"If you go after him then you will die!" Her chakra had been depleted so much it alarmed him. He knew there were reserves... but obviously whoever went up against the Soldier took her off guard. A second try this weak was suicidal.

"I'd rather die protecting him than not trying at all!" she snapped back in his face, startling the two. "If I don't go then I might as well throw everything that has happened since I got here! I might as well disown myself from my Household! It's a Soldier's job to protect their Master, and now he's gone! HE'S GONE! I'VE FAILED HIM!"

She struggled to breathe, trying to keep her emotions in check. It was proving hard to do so, mind running rampant at the thought of him in the hands of the Akatsuki. The thought of not being able to protect him. She had failed as a Soldier.

Tamahome placed a hand on her shoulder, causing the teen to flinch. "You're in no shape to be going out there," he spoke calmly. "But I can see how much this means to you..."

Chakra flowed out of his palm and into Azmaria's body. Not in just a healing sense, but to replenish her own Chakra Levels. Which in turn began to close up and repair any wounds and damage done from the fight. "What are you doing, Tamahome?" Sanchi questioned.

Suddenly, the Medical Ninja wavered in his crouched potion before falling on his side. Feeling depleted of all energy. But not enough that was life threatening to him.

"Give it to her, Sanchi," he ordered out of breath.

"How...?" Azmaria questioned. She felt her strength return.

"You seriously think I didn't pick up a thing or two from you? I'm also a Medical Ninja in case you've forgotten. I've done my research."

Sanchi sighed, but complied with the demand. He placed his hands on Azmaria's shoulders and allowed his chakra to flow from him. "You're crazy, you know that?" he asked.