𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐒𝐄 𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐋

[𝐕𝐨𝐥𝐮𝐦𝐞 𝟎] - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐨𝐟 𝐕𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐬

─────

❝𝑩𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝑯𝒊𝒎 𝒃𝒚 𝑩𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒅❞

· ✦────────✧◦ ☾ ◦✧────────✦ ·

You raised your hand, your fingers trembling as a dark, crimson color dripped off of your (s/c) skin. At the center of the street, the warmth of his skin drew itself away from his body. He weakly reached up to you, tightly squeezing your dyed hands as his vision grew foggy. The trace of blood whiffled through the air, replacing the freshly fallen snow. You could feel his body grow cold as you held onto him with what remained of yourself. His once soft hair had grown dirtied, his lively hands becoming frail as he let out a series of coughs that dribbled blood. Despite the painful aches that were rushing through your heart, his smile killed you in a way you couldn't imagine. He weakly raised his hand, touching your cheek as you leaned your head against his.

You choked out a sob, trying to bring him close to you as the air turned bitter. He whispered to you. A few words that struck a chord within the center of your heart. He played you so well that you swore that he would be the only one for you, the only one you could put your heart out to care for. He begged you with his remaining soul. You resisted the urge to curl into a ball, your desperation, and struggle to rip apart your clothes with only one hand was sending you into a fury of panic. You cried out his name, urging him to stay with you but he only shook his head.

He gave you a soft, cheerful smile, one that sent shivers down your spine. Your lips quivered as you brought your hand towards his pale cheek, listening to the sounds of his gentle breaths. Each puff of air floated to the snowy abyss, leaving you behind. He continued to gaze at you with a loving expression, his childish appearance beginning to fade in color. The edges of his smile became shorter with each passing second. He became as quiet as a mouse, not a single word or sound to be heard from him. His fingers no longer held onto you, his bones too weak and frail to continue. His legs no longer bounced joyously like a rabbit. He who had been your entire world at the time faded like snowflakes on your skin.

'Live. . . with my memory,' he repeated. It rang in your ear as the sounds of laughter erupted from behind your figure. You stared at his limp body, your blood running cold at the sight. Small beads of snow rested against his cheek, the red tint of his knuckles wilting away as you shivered. You felt your cold tears rise in temperature. The color of your face being drained as you stared at the claret snow. You sat on the ground, unmoving as you watched your single tear drip down your (s/c) cheeks, falling and shattering upon the impact of his skin. The love that you felt, the warmth that you craved so dearly from him was reduced to nothing more than a fleeting feeling. The time that you spent with him disappeared so easily as if it had been worth extinction.

Your heart dyed itself an ebony color as you found yourself drifting off into the hollow depths of your subconscious. As your tears settled on his now cold skin, you released an ear-piercing scream as you tilted your head to the heavens, crying out in agony and misery. Your body convulsed as you raised your last remaining arm, your nails digging themselves into your charred skin as it flaked away. The thumping of your organs caused you to jerk back slightly. The bright colors of your (e/c) irises faded into ruby, the light that had reflected off of your pupils now reduced to ash as you let out a heavy breath, your eyes staring at the darkening clouds. The crowd behind you shook in fear as they dropped their rifles, the snow collecting pieces of their sweat as they fell back.