Only A Fool {Chapter 6}

SEPTEMBER 1st

!!!TW!!!

No matter how I laid in his arms, I was extremely uncomfortable. I was speechless at the amount of bruises that covered my helpless body. Some hickeys, some purple and blue bruises. Purple and blue. Like the lights from last night. Last night.

"Will," I got his attention. He looked down at me and quickly sat me down on the bed.

"Yes?" He whispered just loud enough for me to hear. He was still wearing the same pants from yesterday, although he was shirtless. His hair was a mess. He looked as exhausted as I felt. I looked down at my body once more. Seeing the bruises that covered my chest. Who knew what was under my bra and the remaining clothes that were left on my body.

"What..." I trailed off feeling sick to my stomach even uttering the question I wanted to ask. Will bit his lip, understanding my inquiry.

"Josh. He slipped something in your drink when you went to the bathroom. He was able to admit to it when he sobered up a bit. Oh my God, Carmen, I shouldn't have left Josh alone with your drink. I had it in my goddamn head that it was gonna be okay. I really though it would be okay..." He repeated himself as I saw tears form in his blue eyes. They streamed down his face. I felt his agony weigh me down further into the bed.

"What did... he do.. to me?" My voice was shaking as I laid there beside Will. "Is he here?" I said worried as I made my way closer Will as best I could. He gingerly picked me up and cradled me once more. I couldn't tell if I felt uncomfortable or if I felt the complete opposite; a sense of comfort. My thoughts started piling on top of one another, similar to the night before. I started crying, my chest started to heave. The blossoming bruises that laid themselves on my chest ached as I tried calming myself down.

"No, Carmen. Josh isn't here. I promise. The police got ahold of him. He won't be getting near you again any time soon," He cradled my face with his hand, hoping it would stop the sobs coming from my chest. I winced as he tried cupping my face.

"I'm sor-ry," I strung together. My tears got thicker; making their way down my face, staining my bedsheets with mascara and salt.

"Carmen. It's not your fault, darling, I promise. I promise with my whole heart," His eyes filled with tears again. I grabbed his hand and held on tight as tears continued falling onto the bed.

"I don't kn-ow how I l-et this hap-pen," I sniffled. "I shouldn't ha-ve let him stay he-re in the f-irst place," I put my head in the center of his chest, trying to calm myself down.

"It's not your fault. It's not your fault I swear. I swear," Will tried his best reassuring me. We were both drowning in tears, quiet sobs coming out of both of us. "It will never be your fault," Will kept his hand in my face and pulled me closer to him. "I'm so, so sorry. You didn't deserve any of this." I wrapped my arms around his waist, my tears leaving wet marks down his torso.

"I'm gonna go make a call. I'll be right back, okay? Do what you feel is necessary; get some food, take a shower, whatever you need to do okay?" Will told me as he set me down as softly as possible. Getting laid down on my bed, it felt like bricks fell onto my bruises from 15 feet in the air. My body quivered as I adjusted myself under the covers.

I could still feel his touch on my chest. I could feel his touch from precious days on my waist, my hand, my face. I wanted to get it off. I could still feel him. His vicious hands crept across my body. His venomous touch seeped through my veins. It wouldn't go away. It lingered. I got up as quickly as I could, walking swiftly to the bathroom.

I cranked the shower on as fast as I could, stripped off my clothes, and hopped in as soon as the water turned on. It was freezing. My tears warmed my face up as I scrubbed as hard as I could where I still felt his touch. My arms burnt from the scrubbing, but I didn't care. Whatever it took to get his touch off of my body. I lathered myself in soap and scrubbed as hard as I could, increasing the pain.

I tried looking away from my body but my gaze kept locking on my chest. Hickeys and bruises covered the entire area. How could he... after all I did for him. I continued scrubbing. I could still feel it. It was completely hopeless. I turned off the water and threw a towel over my body. My skin was completely scrubbed raw.

I was even more uncomfortable than before. It was all my fault. All my fault. I shouldn't have even acknowledged him at the store. He was so cuttingly attractive, it would have been hard to deny his request to stay over. But why did he do this? Why me? How could I have fallen for that. I'm so dumb. So incredibly stupid that I didn't fight back.

I let myself fall onto my bed, keeping only my towel on. Tears continued to run down my face, I felt ashamed. I felt gross. I felt like a monster.

"Yeah. Carmen. Mhm. Carmen Gonzalez. Yes I can... Josh Grimm. Yes. Okay, I got it. Thank you very much. Relation? Co-worker. Okay, I will. Thank you very much," I hear Will talking from the other room. Hearing the mumbling from the other side of the phone made me uncomfortable. I couldn't tell who he was talking to or what he was talking about. I heard his footsteps approach the door to my room.

"Carmen, I was just on the phone with the police. Everything has been taken care of except for one thing," He told me, avoiding as much eye contact as possible. I looked down to remember that I was only in a towel.

"W...What is it?" I asked. My body started to shake. It could be anything.

"Well, the officer I was talking to told me that you needed someone to stay with you for a while to help care for you. I would volunteer but you've only known me for a day. I'm not sure you would feel comfortable, you know? Is there anyone you know of that-"

"You," I whisper. "I want you to help me. Please...." I look at him, worried that he'll decline my offer. "My parents live far away and i don't know if they would even care anyways. I-I don't know anyone else who could help me but you," I tell him truthfully.

"Alright. I'll take good care of you. I'll call the station back," He starts to walk out of the room when suddenly he turns back around.

"Do you want me to get you some clothes?" He asked me, finally making eye contact.

"If you don't mind," I say uncomfortably. My body ached more than it ever had before. Only a fool would have let someone do that to them. But I did. I feel like the fool. I am the fool.