i. Wraphics (round 2)

Bones & Sins

[tw: mentions of an eating disorder, a little cursing, etc.]

To any other person, the meal before me would have been the definition of delicious. The perfect amount of healthy, and the most tantalising portion of appetising. Something to sink your teeth into and let your tastebuds relish in. Absolutely mouth-watering.

But to me, it was just a huge pile of calories. Too many. Too much.

Greasy fries, filled to the brim with carbohydrates that were way too tedious to get rid of. Barbecued steak that was dripping with oil and fatty seasonings that made my stomach queasy. Sliced up vegetables and fruits making a colourful but very much glucose-overloaded salad. I could already visualise the inflation of my thighs and cheeks, the weighing scale breaking under my weight.

I took a bite, slowly, reluctantly, chewing on the piece of meat that I had cut out. The cow where this came from was probably big and fat.

Like me.

I stopped chewing, setting down the fork, and pushed my plate away. I got up immediately, refusing to look at the pitiful eyes of my parents, and briskly walked away.

Ever since they found out about my 'disorder', they'd been treating me like I was a fragile glass ornament, hitting me with constant stares of pity and honey-dipped words of encouragement that did absolutely nothing.

As I rushed into the bathroom, slamming the door behind me. I thought about the wonderful meal that my dad had made for me. I shook my head. Why didn't he reduce the amount of fats in it? The entire meal was leaking with fattening elements, each adding to my weight.

I bent before the toilet bowl, eyes closed and pressing down on the area below my stomach.

I couldn't do it.

I couldn't possibly eat it.

Even if my dad had made it with all the love in the world. Even if my parents really wanted me to. Even if the whole world forced me too.

Because if I did, my weight would skyrocket. And that was the last thing I wanted.

I couldn't get fat. No matter what.

And so, I threw up my lunch.

- - -

I exited the toilet, expecting to see my parents' worried faces telling me again and again that I should eat, but instead, I was met with a huge brick wall.

Wait, what?

I whipped around, only to see the toilet door I had just shut disappearing away, leaving me, all alone, in a brick room with no entrance or exit.

I must be hallucinating.

I reached my hands out, coming in contact with the hard surface of the wall, my confusion and despair skyrocketing. My heart was beating at a thousand miles a second and I could already feel the panic settling in, causing me to lose my damn head.

I was stuck all alone for hours, without a thing to do or any explanation as to what in the world was going on and just as I thought things couldn't get any worse, suddenly, the room began to filter away. A voice boomed, tone commanding and intimidating, "Get the next one."

Someone tell me what the f*ck is going on.

Because right before me the biggest goddamn feast I had ever seen in my entire life. I whipped my head around, gulping at the sudden change in scenery. The brick walls previously surrounding me had given away to reveal a long and dark hall, pulsing with eerie energy that made my skin crawl.

"Eat."

The voice sent chills down my spine. My fingers were trembling beyond control. I could feel the temperature of my surroundings drop drastically.

I glanced at the 7 throne-like chairs in front of me, each emitting an aura so powerful and threatening that the rapid shaking of my hands was nothing compared to the excessive thumping of my heartbeat.

And the beings that had materialised onto those thrones? Oh, there was absolutely no way to describe them. They were monsters.

No... demons.

I could feel their demonic energy pulsating throughout the hall, leaving goosebumps all over my body.

There was no way to put their gruesome physical appearances into words. Their bodies each glowed with such brightness and yet such darkness, one that couldn't be comprehended no matter how much I tried.

Everything felt hot and cold all at once. Nothing made sense.

And suddenly, all was orange.

Blinding. Orange.

A demon stood just mere inches away from me. "Eat, b*tch."

Gluttony.

I scrambled for the roasted chicken and ripped its leg apart, fumbling as I stuffed it in my mouth. I forced myself to chew on the flesh of the once alive and kicking animal, my mind reminding me countless times of how my stomach would inflate like a goddamn balloon with how much I had left to eat.

I could already imagine my belly expanding, blocking my view of my feet. My arms like big fat sausages, the flesh too much such that the bones might as well be nonexistent. My thighs thick and fat, no longer fitting into my jeans. My shirt too small for my ever too large body, ripping apart as I try to put it on.

No. I can't let that happen.

My chewing slowed.

I set down the chicken leg, the tears streaming down my face as I collapsed onto the floor. Everyone will hate me. I can't become fat. I mustn't.

And through tear filled eyes, I watched as the demon enlarged in size, glowing brighter and brighter, with its aura only growing more and more terrifying.

My body felt so hot.

Everything felt cold.

Why was it so dark? And so bright? I couldn't see anything, and yet I could see everything.

Death awaited me.

"How dare you refuse to serve me, you useless piece of sh*t."

I disintegrated away.

All but my heart, which lay in a pool of my own blood, the only remainder of the girl I once was.

And there I was, left to roam as a purposeless ghost for the rest of my life, watching helplessly as Gluttony scooped up the bloody and soulless organ, stuffing it into its mouth, and munched on my remains.

The voice boomed again, muffled slightly by the ongoing chewing in the demon's mouth,"Bring in the next one."

• • •

my entry for GraphicSilly's Wraphics contest :)