Chapter 26

~Minji's POV~

"Bye Yeji!" I said and waved her goodbye.

"Bye-bye!" She said and waved back, she then stared at Evelyn who's beside me. "You too, bye."

"Yeah. Bye." Evelyn said coldly and linked her arms around mine.

"Let's go", she said and drag me away from Yeji.

"Don't you think Yeji is a little... y'know? Sus." She said while giving me that look she has when she suspects people.

"The only one 'sus' in here is you." I said and poke the side of her arm. "Why do you even think she's sus anyway?"

"I don't know, she's too clingy when I was with you. She barely even look at your face earlier in class but then she started to act as if she's your best friend for five years when we three were together." Evelyn said in annoyance. 

"I see your point, but I don't think she's that bad..?" I said.

"Your really good at attracting bad people! Maybe because you can't really see some of them are evil, you're too naive!" She said, stomping her foot.

"Does that mean you're a bad person too?" I smirked.

"No, what I mean is those guys like Beomgyu and Yeji" 

"Beomgyu? What about him?" I asked in curiosity.

"He was a total player back then, he used to flirt with all the girls then dump them as if they were nothing." She said with her storytelling voice.

"What nonsense! When did you guys even know each other?" I asked.

"I think it was in middle school..." She said.

"Middle school!?" I said in disbelief.

"Yes, we were in the same class once!" She said.

"But don't you think he had changed? It's been like years since you didn't see each other, he might have changed."  

"You have a point there..." She said agreeing with me. "Why are you defending him anyways!?" 

"What do you mean-" I was about to explain myself but she cut me off.

"Do you... Like him?" She asked with a shocked expression.

"What are you talking about!" I said in an even more shocked tone.

"Look at you! Your blushing!" She said while poking my cheek.

"Really?" I asked while touching my other cheek.

"Yep, your as red as a toma-" She got caught off by a familiar sound.

"Do you still like Yeonjun!?" I asked

"No- I just-" She said in a flustered tone.

"Why do you still have him singing your favorite song as your ringtone?" I asked with a smirk.

"Are you even sure it's my ringtone!" She said and checked her phone. 

"Your right, he's calling. I'll answer it, okay?" She said and I just nodded.

I found a bench nearby so I go take a seat. 

I sat and I suddenly thought about Yeonjun's girlfriend

I looked at Evelyn and thought that she should at least know what's going on.

"I want to know why you're doing this Yeonjun, that's it."

"I care because he's my best friend."

"Ok, well I'm doing this because I want his fortune. His family rich and he might get a lot of money when his parents die so why not?"

"Yeonjun really cares about you-"

"That isn't my problem" she said and walked away.

"Did you really not love him? Not even once?!" I shouted but she continued to walk away.

"Choi! Min! Ji!" Someone shouted in my ear.

"That hurt!" I complained while I touched the ear she shouted on.

"What are you thinking anyway? You were so deep in your thoughts." Evelyn said and sat next to me.

"It's nothing. Why did Yeonjun call anyways?" I asked then she suddenly pouted.

"He asked if we have seen his girlfriend. Why does she keep on disappearing anyway!?" She said with an annoyed tone.

"Kim Haejee..." I whispered.

"Why? Did you see her?" She said and I shook my head.

"Evelyn, can you listen to what I say and not react so much, okay?" I said as I look at her straight in the eyes.

"What the- You're scaring me..." She said.

"I've thought about this long and hard and I don't think I can keep this to myself anymore." I said as she sits there in silence.

I took a deep breath and "I think Haejee is cheating on Yeonjun." 

"WHAT!" She shouted and even almost stand up, good thing I grabbed her hand quickly.

"I told you not to react that much!" I said while slapping her shoulder.

"How am I supposed to react then!" She shouted once more and I shushed her.

"How long did you know about this? Do you know who's the man she's cheating with? Did you tell Yeonjun about this?" She bombarded me with questions

"I learned about a week ago. I don't know who he is and Yeonjun doesn't know, I didn't have the guts to tell him." I said and lowered my head.

"Shouldn't we tell Yeonjun about this?" She asked.

"That's why I'm telling you this because I don't what to do." I said.

"We should tell him!"

"What if he gets hurt!"

"Even if we tell him or he'll know by chance, he'll get hurt anyways." She said and squeezed my hand.

"I know, but I don't want to see him get hurt when I tell him that."

"Then you want him to find out by himself?" She asked in disbelief.

"I don't know!" I said. "I don't know what to do..."

"How about this..." She said and I looked as if she's a ray of hope.

"Let's just wait, and tell him when the time is right." She said.

"How do we know when's the right time?" I asked.

"It'll come... Hopefully..." She said and we both sat there in silence for a little longer.

"Let's go! We'll be late for class." She said and took my hand. 

•••••••••

A/N

So I just read the book again so I can refresh my mind and I noticed that this book doesn't really have a lot of Beomgyu moments so I'm going to make that up in the next few chapters 🤧.

Song: Stop Talking - Day6