Eleven

Now that Wanda knows my concerns she's not only been keeping an eye on me but she's been keeping an eye on a lot of things. Her eyes and ears are practically peeled to make sure that if things are connected to my dreams and to Strucker that she's there to help me if needed. Help may be an understatement, because it feels more like her protecting me at all cost and she refuses to get the boys involved. All I know is that in the last couple weeks that have passed and as impossible as it seemed this has managed to get us closer in not only to investigate what's going on but in the aspect of our relationship.

Almost every night she has stayed with me, whether it's in her room or she's in mine. She's mostly afraid to leave me by myself, afraid that Strucker has something in mind to hurt me. Not once has she thought maybe his plans involve hurting her or her brother, or even Archie. She just continues to keep her protection on me. Little does she know though that this helps me keep an eye on her as well, so I don't complain when she's around me. Not only because I can watch her, but because I love spending time with her.

When we aren't with the guys or the rest of the military we are attached to the hip trying to pinpoint anything necessary from my dreams. Unfortunately this hasn't gone far considering I've had 2 of those dream leaps and there isn't much evidence to go by other than he knows there were more powerful things in that science lab once we took it over and he's working with people to expand on whatever the plans are with that man I've heard in my dreams.

As I lay in my bed, trying to sleep one night I feel Wanda running her fingers up and down my back with one hand, her other arm wrapped around me while I'm laying on top of her body and resting my head on her chest. I can hear and feel the soft thud of her heart, the gentle way her breath flows and the vibrating of her hums. Our connection has gotten so much deeper since we started dating, even when we started investing our time into Strucker's plan that the enjoyment of her being around more makes me feel safe. So I give a soft breath and grip onto her a bit, almost fully asleep as I feel her lips press down onto the top of my head and whisper that she has me.

"Mm." I groan gently from her words and kiss to the head, nuzzling into her a bit more. "I don't know what I'd do without you."

"Probably realize that life without me is boring."

I laugh gently, my body slacking more and my eyes getting heavier as I say groggily. "Sounds accurate to me."

As more time passes into another week later I'm adapting back into my life from before breaking my leg. I'm finally out of the brace I had to wear after the cast came off, but I'm still a bit limpy and wobbly on my feet with some flashes of pain here and there being noticeable since I have to gain my strength back in my leg. Luckily I have my friends to help me with the task to help motivate my efforts through my pain with the extra push to walk around more, even getting back into training again.

One day I wake up from a soft kiss to my head, my eyes opening in both a state of fear but comfort when I realize who it is. Wanda has a soft look on her face that has me know she's concerned from the way I was startled awake.

"You okay, baby?" she asks softly as she rubs my head.

Still trying to process things my eyes are zooming around a bit, then I blink at her gently before nodding and sitting up, "Fine. I'm..fine."

She watches me for a few long seconds, "You had another dream didn't you?"

I take a deep breath and nod, wiping the sweat from my face while I set the book I had fallen asleep with onto the nightstand and my eyes land on the window in my room to see that it's still daylight. I had been relaxing here with a book in my hands, needing to focus on something else other than the possibility that Strucker could actually be our enemy. The result of reading landed me into a sleep instead and it seems that Wanda came to check up on me.