Chapter 2

"Long time no see Xiao." A familiar, slightly raspy voice said. Xiao's eyes snapped open when he heard the voice, seeing (Y/n)'s coy face near his own.

Xiao slightly flushed and pushed (Y/n) away by his face, making (Y/n) slightly whine.

Aether watched their interaction in confusion, "Do you two know each other?"

"Yes." Xiao answered flatly.

"How long have you two known each other?" Aether asked in wonder.

(Y/n) then looked to Aether, ignoring his question, "Who are you? You don't look like you're from our world..." (Y/n) trailed off.

"I'm Aether, and no, I am not from your world, I'm looking for my sister!" Aether introduced himself. (Y/n) nodded at his introduction.

"So that's why you look familiar..." (Y/n) muttered, Aether's ears picking up on it but not saying anything. "And the answer to your question I've known him for a long time, him being only 2,000 years old, and I myself being 5,700 years old!" (Y/n) answered clearly.

Aether gaped at the age of the Adepti's, especially (Y/n).

"Paimon's wondering, how did you two meet?" Paimon came out of nowhere.

"Ooh what's that? Emergency food?" (Y/n) poked Paimon's face.

Paimon got ticked off, "Paimon is not emergency food! Paimon is a guide for Aether!" Paimon yelled at (Y/n).

(Y/n) didn't seem fazed and nodded, "Good to know!" (Y/n) mentally noted.

"Now Xiao." (Y/n) turned to the male in question, "Mind catching me up on what happened while I gone once we're out of here?" (Y/n) asked, noting what time it was.

Xiao nodded, before he too realized what time it was.

"Don't worry, I'll get us out of here!" (Y/n) smiled, grabbing both Aether and Xiao's hands.

Aether saw a golden patterned magic surround them before it completely surrounded them like an orb. When the orb started to disperse, they were standing on the Wangshu Inn balcony.

"Adepti 宁静的水-"

"Just call me (Y/n)!" (Y/n) cut him off.

"Adepti (Y/n), how long were you asleep?" Aether asked. (Y/n) didn't seem to know the answer, going deep into thought.

"Hmm, I'm not sure!" (Y/n) answered smiling. "Mind answering that question for us Xiao?" (Y/n) asked him.

"I'm guessing you were sleeping for at least 10 years, nothing too bad." Xiao answered (Y/n).

(Y/n) nodded, "Anything I need to know about while I've been gone?"

"Ooh ooh! Paimon can answer this one!" Paimon floated from behind Aether. "We saved Dvalin from the Abyss, saved Mondstadt, Rex Lapis died, and-"

"Wait, did you just say Rex Lapis died?" (Y/n) cut in.

Xiao shook his head, "Yes they did, they were suspects for his murder, and had to end up defeating some of the Millelith before getting away."

(Y/n)'s eyes grew dark at the word murder, "What do you mean murder?" (Y/n) asked, his voice sounding angered.

"He was murdered, during the Lantern Festival." Xiao answered, "I wasn't at the festival since the current Tianquan, Ninguang, took over where you usually are during the festival."

(Y/n) rubbed his temples in annoyance, "Do you have any leads on who could have killed him?"

Aether spoke up, "We are suspecting it was the Fatui, since they have been trying to get the Seven's gnosis...they already got Barbatos's gnosis."

(Y/n) had to take a deep breath, "Just as I suspected, my absence has led to nothing good." (Y/n) stretched. "Xiao, what have you and the other Adepti done to get this matter resolved?"

Xiao stayed silent, for the other Adepti weren't aware of what was going on in Liyue, other than Rex Lapis's passing, they didn't know of the gnosis stealing.

(Y/n) knew what the silence meant, "As I thought, well I have to go talk to someone." (Y/n) turns to Aether. "I need you up to gather the rest of the Adepti, if this is what I think it is, we will need all of their help." (Y/n) then turned to Xiao. "And be careful Xiao, you know what the Fatui are capable of."

Before either Aether or Xiao could say something, the same golden designed or surrounded (Y/n), and he was gone.

With (Y/n)

"Hello Childe."