Chapter 12: Diluc

Diluc's lips parted slightly. His brain nearly short-circuited trying to process Jean's mouth on his. The only acceptable response he could come up with was to circle his arm around her waist, and use his other hand to tilt Jean's face upwards.

Jean inched forward slightly, pushing Diluc back into the house. He was more than happy to comply. She tasted like strawberries. Diluc thought he would never get enough of it.

"Wait- wait." Jean leaned backwards, disconnecting their mouths. Diluc felt like he was going to explode if he wasn't touching her at some point. He compromised by keeping a hand in her hair, fingering the blond strands.

Jean visibly blushed when Diluc kept playing with her hair. Their faces were barely an inch apart. Diluc decided an inch was far too much distance. 

"You- you didn't regret anything we did, right?" Jean looked nervous. Diluc couldn't figure out why. 

"Of course not." Diluc stroked a hand down her face. "The only thing I regret is not reassuring you."

Jean flushed an even deeper pink. Her lips met his and they didn't talk for a while.

☆---☆---☆---☆---☆

"Next, you add the dandelion pieces." Diluc poured his own into a drink base. He was showing Jean how to mix drinks. 

As she added her dandelions in, Diluc leaned forward on his forearms and stared at Jean. Her hair fell around her face as she focused on mixing her drink. She pushed it back nervously with her hands.

Diluc could watch her do anything all day. Jean was so graceful and beautiful he found it difficult to take his eyes off her.

"Ah, Master Diluc, you're staring." Jean blushed. "And, I want to know the next step in making this drink." 

"Right. Of course. You don't need to call me Master Diluc anymore." Jean flushed. It was clearly a habit for her. Diluc picked up his tongs. "Then, you add the ice cubes to the mix." 

"Why can't we just use our fingers?" Jean questioned, studying the tongs with a look of apprehension. He laughed.

"I don't think you want to use your fingers to make something other people are going to ingest." Diluc motioned vaguely. "Besides, I thought, as Acting Grand Master, you should know all the health safety codes for businesses serving food and drinks."

Jean's face fell. Had Diluc said something wrong?

"Um, speaking of. I know you don't like the Knights of Favonius, and, as the Acting Grandmaster, that kind of concerns my livelihood." Jean bit her lip. 

"Don't worry. Just because I don't like the Knights of Favonius doesn't mean I don't like you." Diluc caressed Jean's face. "In fact, I don't just like you."

Jean's face tilted upwards. Diluc's heart swelled to an almost painful point. "Really?"

"Yes. I have feelings for you." Diluc admitted. Jean laughed and buried her face in Diluc's chest. 

"I guess that's a start." Jean said.

Thanks for reading! <3