Want 1

Want 1

"Seriously, Trixie? Do I look like your fucking servant?" Krysie asked, raising the folders filled with sales reports that Trixie needs to review before submitting them to the boss.

"No!" Her co-worker laughed and shook her head. "I already reviewed that one. Just submit it to the boss."

"Why me?" Her forehead knotted in confusion.

"The boss wants to see your goddamn face, Krysie. Just go," Trixie replied, continuing to work on her computer.

Krysie glanced at her wristwatch. It's early seven in the morning and here they are, arguing about this matter. And this always happens every fucking day!

Since she started working for this company, Krysie has never had the chance to meet their boss. After passing the requirements, she got hired immediately, even without formal interviews or such a company needs to hire its employees. It feels like something is off, but then that's better. She needed a job. Who is she to decline?

She stomped her feet on the ground like a child. She headed towards her table and sat on her swivel chair with a grumpy face. She just got annoyed.

"Hey, have you heard the news?" Olivia, her co-officemate poked her arm. "Our boss's siblings are here! Gosh, I'm about to collapse."

Krysie raised her brows. "And?"

"Aren't you interested? Our boss is a handsome man with high sex appeal. Women flocked on their feet, as I've heard. I'm excited to meet them!" Olivia said.

She chuckled nonchalantly and turned her computer on. "And you expect me to feel excited about it? I don't even know what the CEO looks like."

Olivia hummed and pouted. "You're right. But that's sad, though."

Krysie forced a smile. "I don't give a damn, Olivia."

"Well..." Olivia turned her office chair and faced her. "Men flocked on your feet, too. Maybe that's why you are not interested in them. Damn, you make us all envious!"

She just chuckled at Olivia's remark and started doing her work. She has to focus because she needs to get her tasks done by Wednesday. The month is almost over, and that makes every head of the company's department busy.

"Hey, Krysie. Aaron wants to give this to you," Antheia said−another co-officemate− and handed her a bouquet full of flowers.

She murmured her thank you and secretly put it inside her trash can under her table. She lifts her gaze on Antheia and forced a smile. "Is there anything I can help you with, Antheia?"

"You're lucky, didn't you know that?" she said. "Aaron is one of the girl's dream men here in our company, and there you are, throwing every gift he'll give you."

Krysie clenched her jaw and leaned against her seat. "I'm not lucky, Antheia. And if you want his gifts, then I can give them to you."

Antheia looks so offended as she turns around and heads towards the elevator. The moment she vanished from her vision, she let out a deep sigh. Krysie reached for the mirror in her drawer and lifted it in front of her face to stare at her reflection.

Antheia was wrong. She ain't lucky at all.

"Done staring at yourself?" A voice interrupted her deep thoughts. "Anyways, Aaron said he'll be waiting for you at the lobby. He said you'll be going out for lunch."

Krysie nodded and smiled. "Thank you, Sunny."

Aaron Gaisler has been her suitor for almost a year. She kept rejecting him, and he said he doesn't take no for an answer. That's why, up until now, he's still waiting for her yes.