Dear fred; Love Ginny

April 1, 2000

Dear Fred,

Happy Birthday. It's too bad you aren't here to celebrate it. I would like to think that Sirius and Remus and James are throwing you a party up there. It's not so festive down here though, I would be lying if I said I did not spend this whole day crying. I miss you Freddie. So, so much. it's not fair how some of those filthy death eaters escaped and you the kindest and funniest person I knew had to go. Why did you leave? Why did you not fight? Why would you do that to George? After you died me and mum went through you're stuff. Most of it was prank products but still, it reminded me how much I missed your pranks and your teasing and everything about you really. I kept one of your t-shirts, the one you got in that Muggle store in Egypt, I still to this day am not sure what it says (sinse you refused translate it) but I still giggle at the memories, the smell is lingering off, I believe a few more washes and your trace will be completely gone. Perhaps it's time to let go. I'm not sure I could ever though, how could I? It should have been me who went instead of you! We don't even have a full quidditch team anymore, you were the one who was keeping the team together and now your gone!
What do I do without you? My big brother, you and George were the ones who taught me how to prank, you helped me build my personality and now how do I go on? It's been two full years and I still cry about you. Harry has helped a lot, when I cry I cry on his shoulder, I think he's one of the people who would most understand me other than George maybe. Harry has lost so much yet he is still so strong and maybe I hope some day I could be like him but I don't want you to be forgotten. I want your story to live on, but how can I do that without hurting myself through the process? Do you remember that day when I was 8 and you and George had just came back from Hogwarts to spend the Christmas holidays, and we spent the whole day fooling mum around, you told me it would be a good idea if I placed dung-bombshell inside mums flour pot, so I did, and when it exploded the whole kitchen had turned white. I remember that day so vividly, how proud of myself you George made me feel, after successfully completing a prank successfully , I've never had felt happier. That day mum was going to take away your brooms but I told her it had been my fault, I never told you why you never got in trouble that day. Without you Freddie, I would never have learned what it meant to be a strong woman, don't think all the teasing for being the only sister went to waste. It taught me a great deal of things all thanks to you and George. I never told you how much I loved you, one of my biggest regrets, not telling you how much you impacted my life, not telling you that a girl couldn't ask for a better brother. I love you so much Freddie, I hope you are having fun up there. You always told me how much you wanted to meet the owners of the famous Marauders Map.

Your loving sister, Ginny.