two

"Maybe slow down?" Melanie shouted over the music, watching you swallow another shot.

You grimaced at the burning taste before laughing and shaking your head, "Never."

"I'm going to go dance," Melanie said.

You caught the man beside her and gave a lazy smile before waving her off. You watched them stride toward the dance floor, entering the swarm of people before disappearing.

You spun back around and instead of pouring yourself another glass, you took a swig from the large bottle instead. The bartender shook his head, in what you could only assume was disapproval, before walking off.

It wasn't until you sense the presence of someone beside you did you turn your head, and suddenly your senses seem to sharpen.

Oh Sangwoo had taken Mel's seat. He casually sat himself beside you. You avoided his gaze, oddly finding your cup interesting.

"(Y/N), isn't it?"

You felt your breath hitch in your throat.

"You're in some of my classes," He added.

That makes sense, you thought. "What do you want?" You asked him.

"Honestly," He started. "to be friends." You immediately narrowed your eyes. "What?" He chuckled. "Is that really so hard to believe?"

You were drunk but not that drunk.

You finally brought your gaze to his own and gave a sarcastic smile. "Sorry, but I like to keep my circle small."

Sangwoo glanced out toward the dance floor and you couldn't help but follow his eyes. You caught sight of Melanie dancing up against the guy she had paired up with. You looked back toward him and suddenly felt uncomfortable.

"I'm sure I can make room,"

Maybe it was the alcohol but you felt that behind those words a threat was there. You needed to get away. You slid off the stool and just when you were beginning to walk away, your wrist was grabbed, preventing you.

"Why the sudden rush?"

"Let go of me," You demanded.

His spun you around, bringing you against him. You swallowed just when his lips brushed against your own. "Are you afraid of me?"

You could feel one of his hands lowering down your back before subtly resting at your bottom. You let out a gasp when he squeezed roughly.

"Stop-" His lips smashed against your own and for a moment you were still, stunned.

Sangwoo was kissing you.

You pulled away and without second thought you slapped him, hard. You could hear just a few gasps and snickers. Sangwoo's eyes were wide. It was as if he hadn't expect you to react the way you just did.

A slow smile etched across his lips as he turned his head, staring down at you with amusement in his dark eyes. It was nerving.

"(Y/N)," Melanie had grabbed onto your arm.

You stood your ground and stared at him.

He licked his bottom lip, bringing his fingers to his cheek. You could see his skin reddening.

"I'm so sorry for my friend," Melanie said. "She's been drinking since we got here.."

Not once did he look away from you, and you didn't look away from him. Finally, Sangwoo brought his attention toward Melanie and gave a smile. "Maybe she needs to rest."

"Fuck you." You snapped before turning around and walking off. You pushed your way through crowd before finally reaching the outside. You didn't stop walking until you reached Mel's car.

The clicking of heels behind you was enough to guess that Melanie had caught up with you. None of you said a word but climbed into the car. Melanie started the engine but paused.

"You wanna talk about it?" She suggested.

"No."

She inhaled deeply, "Right."