Chapter 8

The next day happened to be their day off at Jujutsu Tech. Itadori and Inumaki took this time to decide to catch up as they hadn't seen each other due to their busy schedule and only being able to communicate through small texts that usually ended without much conversation. It was never really the same thing, it could never really compare to all the dumb things they did together. As they met up in front of the gate to the school they decided that they were going to go to the city to get away from everything having to do with curses even if it was only going to be for a few hours. Sometimes it's nice to get out and have a "normal" life.

As they walked to the nearest store Inumaki got lost in his thoughts about what to do over the situation with Yuta and Maki. He loved Yuta too much and didn't have the heart to tell him. He knew better than anyone else how much Yuta loved Maki. He quickly snapped out of his thoughts when he felt a hand tug on the back of his collar as a train zoomed by, as he blankly stared at the tracks blinking in shock, he felt hands grab the side of his arms as Itadori asked if he was okay, and all he could do was utter a small shake. "Are you sure you're okay, you've been spacing out a lot." Inumaki thought about it a little, 'Should I tell him? Maybe not, though it would probably be for the best to get it off his chest, but he also didn't want to become a burden to anyone'. "Shake shake," he pulled out his phone to type something quickly, Sorry I was spacing out again. Itadori gave him a look of worry but let it slide for the time being that they hadn't seen each other for a while. Inumaki then made a "oh" and he quickly typed out again, I sent the picture to Yuta! I might not get an answer from him but I introduced you to him through a picture. Inumaki offered a smile that Itadori returned. "What did you write about me?" Itadori asked in an excited manner. Inumaki smile under his collar as he typed out, not telling.

Yuta was just returning from a mission with Miguel, when his mind was suddenly intruded by the thoughts of his friends and girlfriend back at Jujutsu Tech. He hadn't heard anything the month before and he instantly assumed it was because something worse had happened to them. Especially as the cursed spirit incident that hadn't happened too long ago. He pulled out the picture of back when they were first years, how much had they changed, Yuta had gotten much taller since then, but what about Panda? Has he gotten stronger? Maki? How was she doing, and just how much stronger had she gotten? And Inumaki, how has he been, had he been taking care of his throat properly? Did he change? Have any of them changed? as they reached the hotel they were staying at this time they were met with Gojo standing inside as he smiled Miguel took off running. The fastest he's ever ran in a while at that. "Yuta!" Gojo smiled at him while he could only offer a half awkward smile, "Gojo-sensei what are you doing here?" "i-" Gojo stood there holding a hand to chest looking offended by him asking such a question. "Am I not allowed to visit my student?" Yuta stood as he watched his teacher put on a whole show. "For your information I was going to give you your letter but! Due to that rude comment I think I'm going to keep it." Gojo stated as a matter of factly. Yuta thought about it for a second before his jaw dropped in disbelief when he realized it must be Inumaki's letter. "Wait! Wait! I'll take it back, just give me the letter." As his eyes teared up with happiness as he saw Gojo pull out a letter with a familiar wax seal, he quickly rushed towards him about to reach the letter when Gojo pulled it aways from his grasp.

"First say you're sorry, then you'll get your letter." He started as he turned and crossed his arms. Yuta debated whether or not it was worth apologizing to Gojo despite him being so petty, but then again he was desperate for any sort of communication from his friends, he quickly apologized and in return he had the sacred letter in his hands. Yuta sighed in relief as he thanked Gojo before he left. Finally being left alone he left to his room to open his letter. As soon as carefully lifted the wax seal he was met with Inumaki's handwriting, it was always so messy but in a good way. Secondly he saw the picture at the bottom corner and he felt his breath hitch as he saw Inumaki and a boy he didn't recognize but he didn't care about them. All he could focus was on Inumaki of all the pictures he never sent one of himself, he noticed how his hair had grown out making his face look softer, as well as his eyelashes. His eyes were closed so he couldn't see the purples eyes that always held some sort of emotion, he wondered if they still had the shine in his eye whenever he would water the flowers. However, even that was still not enough he wanted to know if he had gotten any taller as well and Maki, had she changed that drastically? He definitely knew that she would be stronger the next time they would meet, but would she still be stronger or would they be evenly matched? Did she still have those round eyeglasses or has she gotten a new pair? He read the letter as he snapped out of his train in thought, but he couldn't really focus that much.

All he could think about was that he didn't like how close Itadori, who he learned the name of, was to Inumaki. He couldn't help but feel the need to seperate them, maybe it was just because he was protective of his friends, but deep down he knew that he was jealous. What did he have to be jealous of, he didn't have a reason to be upset over Inumaki having friends. So why was he so bothered over it, Yuta didn't know why. Maybe soon he would know but for right now he would go to sleep and figure it out eventually.