003: Raindrops on the Window ⸝⸝ 1/2

(A/N) Here it is! The last installation of 'Tides by the Moon'!

After so many delays, WiFi problems, and non-existent motivation, it is done.

Also happy one year anniversary to this story! 🎀✨

This has sooo much fluff you'll basically have cavities after reading lmao

Word. Count:

I wanted to put an image to show you all the exact word count

I wanted to put an image to show you all the exact word count. Just wow, a milestone for me.

I also split this chapter up into parts of 2 to make it easier for you to read!

Please, enjoy! ❤

-·-

"Don't wait up for me! I'll be back for dinner, Mito!" Gon announces in a shout, lacing up his recently new boots with speed and impatience.

"Okay, just be-" Mito looks up from her sweeping, stopping in the middle of the sentence unintentionally as she sees a small shade of green out of the door and hearing it close loudly.

Mito sighed, resuming her sweeping in silence.

"Don't you think that Gon has changed quite a bit?" A weary voice stumbles.

Mito looks up at Abe, seeing her with her hands clasped in her lap and a small smile. "At the age of 16, I will not be surprised if he's already found himself a 'special someone.'" She emphasizes with a deep stroke around the two words, sighing peacefully.

"You think so?" Mito says startled, eyes wide and grip on the broom solid. Receiving a nod for affirmation, she chuckles slightly. "Hmm, I'm sure Gon would have wanted us to meet them by now..."

"Yes, well, maybe he's just keeping them a secret from us for now..."

Mito's smile faltered, and her grip on the broom loosened. A lonesome expression on her face.

Hmm..."

"Hmm?" The sudden change in her attitude and demeanor alarmed Abe. "What is it Mito?"

"Do you think... Gon may be hiding something else from us?" Mito asks carefully, her eyes wide in worry and fear. She clenched her fists to her chest to keep them from trembling.

A hum. "As a growing teenage boy, I won't be surprised if he is." Abe shrugs her shoulders softly, "But, if he indeed is, we'll give him his privacy..."

"Mmm..." Mito nods in agreement, all the while silently thinking to herself: 'I won't pry him for an answer...', she looks out towards the front door. '... But I can't help but feel worried...