Chapter 48 - A tad longer

Tessa's POV:

"Oh my god Tessa!?" The lady comes towards me.

"Hi" I awkwardly smile. I don't remember who is she but she does look familiar.

"How are you?" She pulls me into a surprisingly tight hug.

"I'm- I'm good" I stammer. "I'm sorry, I don't recall you-"

"Oh, I'm Lisa. We met at Blind Bob's months ago" she smiles. "Lisa? Zed's girlfriend" she adds after looking at my clueless face.

"Oh yeah yeah. How are you? You're still dating... Zed?" I ask.

"Yes we're getting serious" she lowkey squeals.

"Listen, we might have gotten on the wrong foot because you know there was Molly- she's a total..."

"Total bitch, yeah" I complete her sentence and she gasps before laughing.

"I've heard so much about you and you looked like the only decent one in all of them" she tells me.

"Thank you..."

"Oh my god is that your baby?" she claps her hands together, covering her mouth.

"Yes"

"She's so beautiful, just like her mom" she pouts.

"Thank you"

I am getting so awkward, I don't even know her and I have no idea why she's trying to talk to me.

"Tessa I actually wanted to ask you something" she says putting the loose strand of her hair behind.

"Yea sure" I tell taking a seat on the bench and she sits beside me.

"I'm not you know, from their group. I was just a first-year.. met Zed at a party and we clicked. But I have to hang out with them too because he's a part of their group. I am so not into drinking and partying like they all are and to be honest, I feel left out and distant. How did you manage to do that? I still remember Hardin standing up for you, saying that you'll never be part of the group because you're too good. Zed never does that, nor does he understands" she sighs.

"I never mixed in with them too. And to be honest, Hardin didn't like me hanging around those guys, no offense-"

"None taken" she smiles.

"Yeah so, Hardin didn't let me go to parties with them. He excluded himself from them for me" I tell her the truth.

"Wow. Zed can never do that. You know I can handle the others but Molly, she's a bit too much" she clicks her tongue.

"Trust me, I know" I laugh reliving the memory of Molly trying to compress me.

"Thank you for listening, you're a sweetheart"

"It's alright. I'm sorry you have to go through this" I say and she nods. "Zed's a good guy. I'm glad you both are happy" I add.

"Thank you, he's actually just around here. He was going to meet me right there. You should meet him, he talks about you a lot"

"Oh. Hardin will be here any minute. And I don't think he'll wait" I chuckle.

Hardin's POV:

We get out of the ice cream parlor and I see Tessa sitting with a random girl on the bench. Tessa's leg is holding onto Emery's stroller.

"Who the fuck is she?" I ask Landon, putting my wallet back in my pocket.

"I don't know" he shrugs and we walk towards them.