Prologue

''Mummy,mummy,mummy!Wake up!It's my birthday!Daddyyyy it's my birthday and you promised me a big vanilla chocolate cake.''yelled little Amber in the master bedroom.

''And last time I checked I told you not to tell mummy of your extra sweetness,baby fireheart.''

She couldn't help but let out a small laugh at the secret between her daughter and her mate,the love of her life,Rowan.Not that it was so much of a secret.They really thought that they would have even the smallest chance to keep something from her?

The bed let out a small sigh at the extra weight that came up and cuddled herself between her parents.Aelin covered Amber with the heavy blanket and then turned to the other side to find her little love smile so brightly at her as if she was the sun in person.

''Morning mummy.''

Aelin smiled back at Amber before she blew a soft kiss on her silken golden hair.HER hair.She then looked into her eyes:those green embers inherited from her mate that now sparkled with so much joy and innocence.

''So,what's the deal with the extra big vanilla chocolate cake?'' she whispered calmly in her kids ears.

''I didn't do anything mum.Dad came up with the idea.''

''Did you now, daddy?'' asked she with a hinch of sarcasm in her voice

Rowan turned with the face to her and smiled with that cocky grin of his.

''Well what?I'll do EVERYTHING for my baby fireheart,my fireheart.And before you say something:No,I did not forget  what happened last year,but this year..."at this point he bent over Amber until he reached her face kissed her slowly and said VERY quiet into her ponity ears:''...I made a deal with Rhysand.Extra big cake for our kids.ONE extra big cake.''

Aelin began laughing so hard that she needed to get immediatly out of the bed.

''Oh,you're good.''

''I heard that daddy.'',said littlte Amber clearly upset.''Does this mean that I''ll need to share my birthday cake with Chad?''

''But I thought you liked Chad and you two,inseperable friends,share pretty much everything'',said Rowan,before he too got down from the bed and picked Amber in his strong,muscled tatooed arms.

''Yes,and I'm very happy that we will celebrate our bitrhday together but I thought we will be having seperate birthaday cakes.''

''Hahaha.In you dreams you little fireheart.Now how about a birthday song?You know to make you feel better.''

''Yes,yes!Pleaseeee dadyyy!PLEASSSEEE.''

''Ok,let's see if i remember it.Happy birthday to you...Happy birthday to you...Happt birthday dear AMBER,happy birthday to you...happy...''

While he was singing the birthday song he did also a funny dancing and spinned Amber through the entire bedroom.Aelin had now this HUGE smile on her face and here she thought she could never,ever wipe that one off.Her left hand reached slowly for the right arm and grabbed him tightly.After all she's been through she needed a reminder that this wasn't a dream.This was real life.And right now,in front of her,were her mate and daughter.After the war she and Rowan lived one of the happiest years of their lives,but then,just like the icing on a cake,on a warm sunny spring day she found out that she was pregnant and exactly eight years ago on this glorious day,the 22 th.January a wonder in human form with gold locks and green eyes was born.THEIR own little guardian angel.

''As much as I love seeing you both being stupid little babes,the Archerons will be here in an hour and I most certainly don't want Feyre to find me in this scanadalous nightgown and with my hair a complete mess.''