𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐇𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞 | 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 3

JJ's POV
______

"No, no, baby,  c'mon wake up" I gently tapped my girlfriend's cheek after she had closed her eyes.

"C'mon, Y/n, please—please don't leave me. Don't do this to me" I began to sob frantically as I heard cry's from the others around me.

"No goddammit! No!" I screamed once I realized she was gone. I had just lost the love of my life. My best friend. The only one who truly knew who I was. All because I allowed her to go inside the house.

"JJ" Kiara begged as she grabbed my arm, pulling me into her. She wrapped her arms around me tightly, holding me close as I cried into her.

"It's my fault! I should've been there. I should've protected her" I wept into her shoulder. Only if I had been there for Y/n, none of this would have happened.

"Shhh, it's not your fault, JJ" Kiara cooed, tears streaming down her face too while she rubbed my back.

Sarah reached over and checked the lifeless girl's pulse before turning back to everyone.

"She's still breathing" Sarah explained, making me snap my head towards her.

"We still have time" Pope shouted as he stepped on the pedal making the van fly down the road.

I pulled away from Kiara and delicately grabbed my girlfriend's hand, entangling my fingers with hers before kissing the back of her hand softly. There's no way I could lose her. I would rather die than be without her.

"Okay, we're here! We're here!" Pope yelled, parking the van outside the hospital.

I picked up Y/n's lifeless body bridal style as John b skidded the back door open. I hauled her out and rushed into the emergency room as fast as I could with the crew right behind me.

"I need a doctor! I need a fucking doctor now!" I yelled as I burst through the hospital doors. Almost immediately two nurses came to me with a stretcher. I laid Y/n down and watched as they began to roll her away. I couldn't just stand there so I followed after them in desperate need for them to heal her up. I followed them until they got to the hospital room when they pushed me away.

"I'm sorry sir, but you can't go in here," the nurse told me making me huff as she closed the door on me.

The gang who had been following me lead me over to the waiting room. I sat down between Pope and Kiara and rested my elbows on my knees as I buried my face in my hands.

I looked up at all the people in the waiting room. Most of them were staring at me. That's when I noticed my hands were stained red with blood and my shirt had the familiar red coating on it as well. No wonder people were staring at me, I looked like I just killed someone.

I began to bounce my leg with anticipation as I leaned back in my chair. I was so worried about her that I couldn't think about anything else. Uncontrollable tears were still dripping off my face.

Eventually, after a few hours of being wide awake crying, I fell asleep. Dead cold asleep. The others had fallen asleep before I did so now we were all sprawled out across the couches and chairs, soft snores escaping our lips.

After several hours, I woke up to something shaking my shoulder violently.

"JJ, wake up!"

My eyes slowly fluttered open to see Pope shaking me awake. The first thing that crossed my mind was that something bad had happened.

"What? What's wrong? Is she okay?" I asked frantically, worry and fear clear in my voice as I looked up at Pope with bulging eyes.

"Yeah, she's fine. The nurse just came out and told us only one of us was allowed to go in at a time" Pope explained making a spark of joy light up inside my core.

Before the boy could say anything else I was already up on my feet and rushing to the hospital room they had put my girlfriend in.

I opened the door to see Y/n laying on a bed with a blanket covering her body. My eyes sparkled with delight as a beaming smile pulled at the corners of my mouth. My whole body lit up with happiness and joy as she weakly smiles back at me before lifting her arms motioning for me to come to her.

"Oh, thank god" I sighed with enlightenment before running over to her. I hugged her like I'd hadn't seen her in years. I tried my best to be gentle with the poor girl as she squeezed me back the best she could.

"You're okay! Oh god, I'd thought I'd lost you" I remarked, lifting my head from her shoulder so I could see her complexion. I began repeating kissing her face all over making her giggle and scrunch up her nose.

"You can't get rid of me that fast" she chuckled as I pulled away, sitting in a nearby chair.

"So how long you gotta be in here?" I implored, scooting the chair forward so I was closer to her.

"Doctor said three or four days to make sure everything's okay but that's not gonna happen—"

"Wait what? What do you mean it's not gonna happen?" I interrupted her, wondering why the hell she won't be in the hospital for how long the doctor said.

"Cause we got the gold, JJ! I'm not gonna be stuck in here when I can be helping you guys get it out the well" she informed me making me shake my head. There was no way I was gonna let her help us if she was hurt.

"No, no you're staying in here. I'll come and stay a few hours every day but you're not helping us get the gold, darling" I told her giving her a stern look. The thought of her getting hurt again made shivers go down my spine.

"JJ, it's not even that bad! Look!" She pulled down the blanket revealing her waist that was wrapped in a bandage. "The doctor said I was lucky. If the fire poker had gone any deeper it could have punctured a hole in my lungs"

"They just put a few stitches in and it doesn't even hurt" she added as I continued to give her a look that said "no."

"Baby, I don't care if it doesn't hurt. I'm not risking the chances of you getting hurt again. You scared the absolute shit out of me. I thought you were gonna die. No, I thought you were dead when you passed out in the van" I acknowledged, my eyes filling with sadness as I thought back to her lifeless body.

"You promise you'll come see me every day and bring me some actual food instead of the slob they serve here?" She finally caved in making me smile.

"Of course" I leaned over and kissed her lips softly. "Anything for my girl"

𝖠/𝗇:

𝖲𝗈𝗋𝗋𝗒 𝗂𝖿 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖾𝗇𝖽 𝗐𝖺𝗌 𝗍𝖾𝗋𝗋𝗂𝖻𝗅𝖾, 𝖨 𝖽𝗂𝖽𝗇'𝗍 𝗄𝗇𝗈𝗐 𝗁𝗈𝗐 𝗍𝗈 𝖿𝗂𝗇𝗂𝗌𝗁 𝗂𝗍.