seokjin.

You anxiously sped walked through the empty hallway of the school. A little part of you was scared that a judgmental gaze may be watching you scramble your schedule out of your backpack. But the hallway was as empty as ever. Your eyes scanned through the printed paper, finding your last-period class number.

Your foot bounced up and down, trying to keep your anxious thoughts at bay. You knew that the teacher would excuse your tardy arrival as it was your first day, but your imagination ran of the teacher scolding you in front of your new peers.

Finally, after an antagonizing five minutes of walking back and forth in the hallway, you found your class.

Hesitantly, you opened the large door to see everyone shoot their eyes at you. Some were excited about the interruption, others a little annoyed, and the rest just curious. You gave a shy wave and a guilty smile.

"Hello...Mr. Lewis?" You recited from your class list. "I'm the new student..." You trailed off, hoping that he remembered that he had a new student.

"Of course! I was wondering if you showed up." He flashed an award-winning smile, the first thing you noticed from him. Your smile turned genuine with relief. "Class, you may know that we have a new student." He announced. "Would you like to introduce yourself?" He asks you.

You stood awkwardly, even though you had done this at least six other times. "Uh hi... I'm [Name]." You told, trying to get to a seat as fast as possible.

"Well, let's give them a nice, warm welcome. You must be relieved that was your last time doing that." He chuckled, noticing your tense stance. "Well, there is one more seat left just for you." His eyes almost looked apologetic.

"Thank you." You politely said. Trying your best not to hit anyone with your things, you walked through the aisle of the class. Good thing it was in the back.

In books, it is cliche to put the main character next to the good-looking love interest, but stories are glamorized for the reader's entertainment.

Right as you sat down, you almost gagged at the smell. A smell that told you to run away before it's too late for you. It was threatening. Looking around, you tried to find a dead rat or any source of the stench.

Your eyes landed on the student next to you. A boy, unkempt, dark brown hair that fluffed on the top of his head. His black eyes focused on his paper, in which he doodled. His other fist was scrunched up holding his head up. Leaning in subtly, you realized the ungodly smell was coming from him.

Furrowing your brows, you wondered why he smelled so bad. Nothing about him looked dirty he looked to be the cleanest one in the room. He was extremely handsome, aside from the stench. Was this why no one sat next to him? It must be. Someone this good-looking wouldn't sit alone in the back, or so you would imagine.

Unless this isn't what he smells like usually. Maybe something happened, like getting skunked. However, it didn't smell anything like a skunk, more of a dumpster filled with rotten food, almost cheese-like.

After twenty minutes of endearing the smell and trying to focus on the class, Mr. Lewis handed out a worksheet. You noticed how he stopped his breath as he walked by you and the stink boy.

Getting to work, you scribbled in your name and the date. Not really getting what you were trying to learn, you looked at stink boy's page. You find yourself doing that a lot, to see if everyone else is just as confused as you. To your surprise, the boy was already done. It had only been eight minutes.

Blinking in shock, you finally noticed what he was drawing. It was your standard doodles, like little people or some sort of calligraphy. It wasn't what he drew that caught your attention, it was the style. Many sketched circular motions to give shape and shade. It was a little creepy looking, but an interesting way of drawing. It was good.

"He's good..." You whispered to yourself.

He must have heard because he snapped his head to you. Backing up and covering his drawings, he looked surprised at how close you were. Willingly at that.

Feeling your face burned with embarrassment, you backed up and tried to forget what just happened and get back to work. Hopefully, he did too.

Seokjin on the other hand was still glancing at you. A part of him tried to get back to his drawing, but another was intrigued by you. No one had willingly came that close to him without gagging or make some remark about the smell. He couldn't smell it but he knew about the stench, he tried so hard to get rid of it. He showered twice a day in hopes for it to subside, but it hasn't.

It was never like this before. A few weeks ago, he was normal. Not only did he start to smell, but weird, violent, visions began. Visions of dead people.

Maybe it was the emotional effect of his grandparents getting sick, but it didn't explain the smell. Was that a part of stress or something? Maybe he should go see a doctor. He figured that maybe he need to clean his room or something. Or the whole house in general.

Jin jumped a little as the last bell rang, surprising him. Gathering his papers, he put his sketchbook in his backpack and left his paper on his desk. The boy quickly walked out, starting for the exit of the building.

Keeping his head low, he made it to his car. He and his grandparents lived in the rural areas near the small town. His grandparents owned a big plot of land and had a house built years before Jin was born.

As he drove, he couldn't help but think of you. What was it about you? You were the first person to show him any decent acknowledgment for weeks. No gag, no snarky remark, only a compliment. The first compliment in three long weeks. He didn't have many friends before, so even then he didn't have any good human contact aside from his gran and pops. It's rare for him to see.

Not even noticing, he had arrived. That was the fastest thirty-minute drive he ever had. Parking and turning the car off in the garage, he exited the vehicle and locked the car doors. He walked inside and kicked his shoes off.

"Gran! Pops! I'm home!" He called.

He heard them greet him as he walked to the kitchen. The time was 4:34 PM. He'd have to do some homework and start supper.

"What do you guys want to eat tonight?" He inquired as he dug through his book bag. Pulling out what he needed, he sat down at the table and started.

"That sounds good gran, I could make it." He told.

As he did his homework, two decaying corpses sat in front of the old television set.