Unsubscribed

Jack has just finished his shift at 3, he's quickly packing his things up while Adam stares at him, wondering why the hell he's rushing off so quickly.
"Big plans?" Adam asks, curiously.
Jack nods "Uh yeah, sort of. I've got plans at four, so I have to get home." He smiles, slinging his bag over his shoulder, "See ya!" He grabs his keys from his pocket and darts out of the department store's photo center.

The drive home is once again too long for his liking. He rushes inside as soon as his car is parked safely in the driveway and runs up to his room.

Jack: Hey I'm a little early!

He sends to Alex.

Alex of course texts back at lightning speed.

Alex: Of course you are :) I'm ready anyway. I'm already at the place I want to take pictures so call me.

Jack FaceTimes him with an excited smile on his face.

Alex answers with a smile that matches Jack's. He's got a black t shirt on this time and a red baseball cap over his brown fringe.
"Hey!" Alex grins, then turns the camera, showing Jack where he is.
Except Jack knows where he is.
"Druid Hill Park?" He asks, "I recognize the Latobe Pavilion back there." What the fuck is Alex doing in Baltimore? There's no way.

Alex pans the camera back to himself, eyes a bit wide. He clicks off the video to look at Jack's phone number in his contacts. He hadn't paid any attention to it when Jack texted him the first time, he just saved the number. 410. Baltimore area code.
"Holy shit." Alex says as he gets back on the video, "You're in Maryland?" He asks.
Jack nods "Yeah...I'm in Towson...You're here too?" His heart is pounding. This is unreal.
Alex bites his bottom lip, nodding his head "Y-yeah..." He stutters a bit. This isn't supposed to happen.
Jack nods "Yeah..." It's awkward now, and the tension is heavy. He feels bad. He understands why Alex wouldn't want this, but the look on Alex's face and his tone of voice makes him a bit sad.
"We never have to meet you know, if you don't want to...We can pretend this never happened..." Jack says a bit sadly. That's the exact opposite of what he wants to happen.

Alex is quiet for a moment, in all truth he's debating hanging up completely.
He closes his eyes and takes a deep breath, "No...No, it's okay. Just shocked me a little. We're so close and we haven't see each other?" He asks, shaking his head.
Jack nods, "I know...Maybe we have and just didn't notice."
"So you're the Jack I heard some red headed dude talking about after all." Alex mutters, sitting down in the grass.
Jack raises an eyebrow at him, "Excuse me?" Adam? Alex had seen Adam and heard him talking about him?
Alex looks at the screen, "Yeah. I was at the store with my roommate and I heard some guy mentioning someone named Jack coming out to Mirage. I almost went to the damn club just to see, because I was curious. I decided against it, and then you sent me that picture and I saw the MI and the logos on the bartender's name tags. I swore it had to be a coincidence, but I guess not...So you really were at Mirage?"
Jack smiles a little bit, "Yeah. I was. It was awful. I was beyond bored and some nerdy dude tried to hit on me. That's when I texted you and decided to leave." He chuckles to himself a little, thinking of how let down the poor boy looked.

Alex smiles at him, "I don't want to pretend like this never happened, I don't think. Maybe we're supposed to meet. I don't know. I believe in fate and stupid shit like that. Like we're supposed to know each other." He shrugs his shoulders, glancing over to the side as a squirrel darts past him.
"Yeah...I kind of do too. Sometimes. I mean, would you want to ever meet up with me?" Jack tilts his head a bit as he asks, his stomach in knots.
The look on Alex's face is thoughtful and careful, "I don't see why not...You did say you want to take me on a real date. Maybe we could hang out sometime." It doesn't seem like an awful idea, Jack doesn't seem like an axe murderer, ready to lure him in. Then again, you never know when you meet someone on the internet.
Jack smiles, "We could get coffee?" He suggests. That's casual. That's public. They can easily walk away from each other if they don't hit it off in person.
"Sure. Coffee sounds like a good plan. Tonight?" Alex asks, figuring if it's going to happen, they might as well get it over with.
Jack smiles at him, "Tonight. Koba Cafe?"
Alex nods, "Sure. Maybe you can still help me take some pictures, since that was our plan after all. I can go home and get changed right now, meet you there in about 45 minutes?"
"I can do that." Jack says calmly, although he really wants to explode. This is actually happening.