25| Fear

Chapter 25: Fear (Gianna's POV)

I pulled on a black full-sleeve fitted top with matching black sweatpants and then once I was freshened up, I walked back out to him pulling a black v-neck over his head. I just stood there and watched him silently. 

It scared me. It scared me how fucking scared I was when he asked me to use the dagger on him. With or without the case. I felt so much fucking fear at that moment, it felt like it would engulf me. I don't know why I felt that fear. Because I had to hurt him, because he could hurt me back, because I could hurt myself if I didn't use the dagger properly, but I was very scared. And I shouldn't be because I may have to use a dagger on him someday. That's so not how I would want to kill him but I might have to if I don't have another way or get another chance. 

"What are you thinking about?" 

I snapped out of my thoughts and straightened up, dropping my arms to my sides which were previously folded across my chest. "Nothing," I mumbled, scratching my head. 

He walked over to me while I stood in the doorway of the bathroom. "You're okay now," he nodded reassuringly. "You're at home, we have security outside, and nobody can come in here. It's a gated and fenced estate." 

"No, I know," I nodded. "But..." 

He held either side of my face, tilting my chin upward so I was looking right at him. "And I'm here too. So, don't worry." 

I stared at him, not knowing how to feel. When I agreed to marry him, I didn't expect him to be so... perfect. He's actually taking care of me, paying attention to me, and prioritizing me. And that... it just doesn't make me want to fucking kill him. 

He chuckled softly, removing his hands and putting his arms around me. "You're okay, Gianna," he sang, resting one hand on the back of my head, ruffling my hair slightly. 

"Why are you being so nice to me?" I mumbled, my arms going around his waist. 

"Because I'm your husband." That still sounds foreign. "And I don't have a reason to be mean or hurtful. You haven't done me wrong. You won't, right?" 

My cheek was resting against his chest, his chin resting on my head, and I stared at our bed. "I won't." 

But I will, won't I? I have to. 

"Shall we go for dinner? I bet it's almost ready," he said, pulling away only enough to look down at me. 

I nodded, mustering up a small smile. He pecked my lips and then headed to the door. I started following him out, both of us entering the dining room together. I looked at the empty spot which his dad usually takes. "Your dad isn't home yet?" I asked, watching him while he pulled my chair out for me. I chuckled softly before sitting down. "Thank you," I sang. 

"He has dinner with clients today." 

"Oh, I see." We still had to wait a little while for dinner to be brought so I put my arms on the table and rested my head on it, turning to look at him. 

He stared back at me, lifting one hand to brush my hair out of my eyes. "You look tired," he mumbled. 

"I am tired and now slightly offended," I chuckled. 

"Tired but pretty," he laughed softly. 

I sat upright. "Pretty?" 

He nodded. "Very pretty."

I grinned. I couldn't help it. I smiled widely like a little girl. Dinner was brought in and served so we started eating while talking about our days. Like a normal couple really does. And that's exactly what's happening, it's exactly what we're becoming. A normal couple. And a normal wife does not plan to kill her husband.