5)

"Why the fuck are they acting as if they didn't just abandon us for 13 years?!" Daphne all but yelled while pulling her hair

After Vincenzo showed us our lovely rooms, we've just been chilling on Daphne's bed.

Vincenzo is the only one I can stand, he was still young when we left and couldn't really do anything. He was quiet the whole time it happened though.

Leo I can fully stand, however. I see myself in him.

"What do you think of the kid?" I voiced my thoughts.

"Neglected, definitely." She spoke as she shook her head in disappointment.

"Poor kid. I wanna train him." I said.

"Do it. He reminds me of you, just don't let the biologicals see or they'll grow suspicious." I nodded signifying my agreement.

We sat in silence after our talk, still processing everything from today. Meeting our biological 'family' for the first time in 13 years, them acting as if they didn't abandon us. They believe as if we don't remember them.

They take us for fools.

I remember everything.

The way their eyes that once held adoration and love turned into disgust and hatred in the blink of an eye.

The sentences they spoke.

The tears my sister shed.

People often say that words will never hurt them. But the words they said to us that day will forever leave a sting on my heart.

Embarrassment.

Slut.

Brat.

Those words broke my tiny 3 year old heart along with my twin sister's.

13 years and I am still in shock.

How could such words come out of the mouths of my once ever-loving family?

   A knock on the door followed by the sound of a door opening brought me out my thoughts

   A knock on the door followed by the sound of a door opening brought me out my thoughts. There Vincenzo stood in the doorway with a bright smile painting his face. "Dad asked me to show you guys to the dining room since you probably don't know where to go" He spoke.

Not saying anything, We got up and went to him. He stood there in confusion for a few seconds til I nodded at him, letting him know we would comply.

The walk took place in awkward silence til we reached the room. I kicked open the door making everyone flinch at the sudden noise.

Our heads held high and our faces blank. Dante and I stood side by side as we went to our respective seats.

'This should be fun.'
——

What do you think?

Any suggestions?