𝘵𝘸𝘰

"Do you always speak to women in that manner or am I the only special exception?"

*•*

"Hello dear. Care for some tea?"

A delicate voice called out over her shoulder already aware of who had just walked through her front door from the apparent slam that took place. Some time through the day, she had expected they would drop by.

The sound of sharp footfalls on the hardwood floor echoed throughout the flat. Heel cladded feet stopped at the entrance of the kitchen threshold, their stance exuding confidence that shouldn't be looked down upon.

"Don't dear me, missy," The woman sharply announces. Pointing a finger at the figure before her who still hadn't turned around from pouring their drinks, "Why didn't you inform me ahead of time?"

The young brunette carefully turned around with two glasses steadily being carried in her hands, "My day is going exceptionally well, what of yourself?"

Polly Gray sensed her sarcasm before the words even left her lips. She knew Leticia Morelli like the back of her hand. In just the short four years she had known the young woman she had grown to care for her like a daughter. And just like any mother, they know their daughters best.

Taking a seat at the table, Polly took the glass between her own hands expecting it to be steaming hot, "No games, Lettie. How long have you known?"

Polly glanced at her glass, "I thought you said tea?"

Leticia casually shrugged, "Figured we'd need something stronger for this chat."

Polly raised her eyebrows in agreement, she had absolutely no complaints on the matter.

Finally cutting her act, the Morelli woman sighs answering the question the Gray woman had previously asked, "And known about what exactly?"

The Gray woman rolls her eyes in impatience not knowing whether or not she was still prolonging. Before she could reply, the brunette woman continues, "Because if you are speaking of the coppers then I regret to inform you that I have just learned about their sudden appearance earlier this evening."

Believing the young brunettes words, Polly nods suddenly growing concerned, "And what are they here for?"

Leticia shrugged taking a sip from her glass, contemplating whether or not to tell her what she had found out not too long ago, "Hell if I know."

Polly squinted her eyes, bringing her glass away from her lips not buying her nonchalance for one second, "What? You back into your exchanges again?"

Leticia groaned internally already have heard this lecture more than once. Taking a deep breath in she prepared herself for the rant that was going to rain fire in that very kitchen.