1.

[ This is a rewrite! ]

Killua

They say the last years of university is easy. You only need to pass the main subjects to graduate. But...

"Killua Zoldyck! What kind of paperwork is this?!"

Here I am, struggling to get any other grade than F.

"Is this all you can do in one semester? You didn't even mention the theories I taught you, how disappointing. Do you think I don't recognize that this is different from what you wrote before? This counts as plagiarism you know."

No way, but I have to..

"Forgive me sir, I won't do it again." I bowed. "Please, give me another chance!"

If I can't pass this class, I can't graduate this year. I will just end up a burden for my sister. The teacher sighed. "Okay then, make sure you bring it next week or I'll have to fail you."

I answered softly. "Thank you, sir." I bowed to him once more and left the room. I sighed shakily.

And now I have to redo my paper. "Killua! How's it going?" I took a second to realise who it was. It was Jason, my classmate. "Jason?"

"I just realised I gave you the wrong paper... So sorry about that." He said sheepishly. He doesn't look sorry at all. I huffed angrily and grabbed his hair. "Don't you think its a bit late to say 'sorry'? Stop smiling like an idiot. Thanks to you I'm screwed now."

He gazed at me apologetically. "Then, how about this? Let me treat you to lunch as an apology. I'll let you choose anything you wanna eat."

"Nope, my paper can't write by itself."

We started walking down the hallway. He tried to reassure me. "Oh come on! It's not far from here!" I groaned with annoyance. "I said no didn't I?" He started shouting. "But I already told the girls you'd come!"

"Huh?! I told you to stop getting me involved with those girls. How many times have I told you?" He crossed his arms. "Well what can I do? I'm just trying to do what they ask. Don't you think this is a great chance to finally get a girlfriend?" He yapped.

And the blabbering starts again...

"Jason, you know I'm not good with people. Besides, I just wanna be alone for now. I'm not suited for relationships." He started begging me and pulling my jacket. "Oh come onnn, just this time pleaseee."

I pushed him away from me. My phone vibrated. Oh? Its my sister.

Alluka

➪ Don't forget to pick up Kalluto from school.

➪ Tomorrow too. Love ya ^^

------------------------------------------------------------------

I sighed. "I have to go now." When I finally graduate, I won't have to do these errands anymore. And I will be able to live by myself like I always wanted to.

I made my way to Kalluto's school. Whispers were everywhere and I hated that. This is why I hate picking up Kalluto. This place is full of mothers who love to gossip out loud.

I looked around the school and I just happened to overhear their conversation. A man and a woman. Probably one of them is a teacher. "I heard there's a job opening here?", one of them said. "Yes, we're looking for a part-time teacher, but we haven't found a good candidate yet. They don't need to have a specific degree, just a person who knows how to handle young students."

"Oh wow, I think I'm already good at that. Can I try?" They chatted and laughed for awhile.

Part-time job huh? It might be an alternative if I'm not able to graduate.

"Killua! You're here!" Kalluto ran to me and smiled cheerfully. I placed my hand on his shoulder and side-smiled. "Let's go home."

Time skip to nighttime at the bar...

I slammed the cup on the table. "Damn that professor, why can't he just let me pass? And that useless Jason, everything's a mess!" I placed my hand on my forehead.

I didn't even understand what he taught. I need to find someone for help. Jason is definitely unreliable. And I'm not close to anyone so I can't ask for their help.

But when I think about it, everyone seems so distant. Even from afar I can sense they're afraid of me. There's no doubt. They hate me don't they?

"Stop assuming things will you?"

Wait... where did I hear that? Was it in middle school...?

I was interrupted by bickers and chatters from the table behind me. I sighed. Why can't they just shut up?

"Gon, no!" Someone with green, nature-like hair with tanned skin suddenly walked abnormally to me. "Hi, handsome~ Why so low? You drinking by yourself? No company?" He started hugging and caressing me. "Whoa!" Did he have too much...?

Some other friend of his started pulling him by the back. "Dude! Stop embarrassing me in front of others!"

"Stop pulling me... I'll-" I looked at him in disbelief. Did he just..? He wobbled and slumped at me.

I was here to get a break from all the troubles. But this guy.. he's just making it worse. Or so I thought.