Wicked Pt. 2

Mr. L: "Dim?"

Dimentio froze up. He slowly turned around to see both Mr. L AND Luigi inside Super Dimentio with him. Luigi was out cold, while L was sitting up, rubbing his head. But Mr. L and Luigi were both wearing the same thing. Overalls and a green shirt. If it weren't for their different facial expressions and attitudes, there'd be almost no way to tell them apart.

Mr. L: "Dim, what's going on?"

Dimentio quickly looked between the two of them.

Dimentio: "You two....how are you both here??"

Mr. L followed Dimentio's gaze and saw Luigi lying next to him. He immediately jerked back.

Mr. L: "Whoa! How'd that happen?! And where are we?! In some sort of machine?!"

Dimentio had been so busy focusing on the task on hand, he didn't even notice the two men in green in there with him.

Dimentio: "I...uh..."

Suddenly, it began to heat up. Dimentio looked up.

Dimentio: "They're dealing damage. Time's almost out."

L's eyes went wide.

Mr. L: "What?! Dim, what's happening?! What's going on?!"

Dimentio looked down and clenched his fists.

Dimentio: "I'm.....I'm sorry L. I can't save everyone."

Mr. L gave him a confused look.

Mr. L: "What are you talking about? Wh-"

He looked at the heartbroken expression in Dimentio's eyes.

Mr. L: "Oh.... you're.... you're not acting, are you."

Dimentio: "I had to do this."

Mr. L stood up, slightly angry.

Mr. L: "Why?! Why exactly did you 'have to do this'??"

Dimentio: "Because, if I didn't, the Count would die! The heroes would have to kill him, or the void would destroy all!"

Mr. L: "So you're having the heroes kill us instead?? But Dim! We-"

Dimentio: "I really wish you didn't have to be here too. But I had to do this. Besides, there's no redemption for a monster like me. There's no reason for me to live. The Count....he has Timpani. He can be redeemed. But me?...I'm in to deep."

L's face turned red.

Mr. L: "Dim! You're not a monster, and I'm your reason to live! I want you to live! I want you alive. I want us both alive. Together. I....we could have come up with another solution. I..."

He took his hat off and held it over his face.

Mr. L: "I... don't want to die yet. I don't want to go. Not yet. I wanted us to see the future, together. There was so much to live for. So much we haven't done yet."

Dimentio's eyes softened, as he felt Super Dimentio take more and more damage.

Dimentio: "I...."

He felt Super Dimentio heat up even more. He didn't have enough time. 

He was running out of time.

He slowly reached his hand to his own face and ran his fingers over his mask.