Part 3

It has been six years since that night on the roof in Delaware, after our conversation we set up everything that we needed, and two weeks later I finally stood up for myself, taking back control of my life. Once I did that, my parents and I had a discussion about how what they were doing was suffocating for me and after about three or so months, they finally backed off, letting me take control of what I wanted to do with my life. Even though I had taken back control, I still completed high school with honors as they wanted, but I decided to take a year off to visit each state. After I took the break, I went back to school, and things got a little more hectic than I thought they would, but I got through it.

"Daddy?" a small voice called for me, "What are you doing?" I looked over and was met with the bright blue eyes of my daughter. It turned out that my girlfriend from senior year was pregnant and didn't tell me till after I got back from traveling the country. After finding out about her, I swore to myself that I would never be like my parents, and I would let her experience life to the fullest whenever she could.

"Hi sweetie, what's up?" I asked, closing my laptop so there was a place for her to sit on my lap.

"I wanna go outside." She looked at me with puppy dog eyes and added in the sweetest voice, "pleeeeeeeeeeeease." I smiled at her and nodded. A small squeal of excitement left her lips. She jumped to the ground waiting for me to get up, after standing I picked her up and started walking to the back porch. Once we got to the railing, I set her down on it still keeping my arm around her waist so she didn't fall, "Daddy look!" She pointed up at the sky, "They are soooo pretty, Daddy," I smiled looking up at the twinkling specks that lit up the night sky.

"Yeah sweetie, they're beautiful."

Word Count: 351