Chapter {4}

"Don't let fear hold you back, life keeps spinning" - Unknown

"Isabell!" John B Shouted Gaining her Attention away From The the window.
Isabell Didn't like Keeping Secrets From them, in fact it was A rule, The Progues don't lie to each other but, truths like last night have the power to change everything and the rest of the Progues already Have enough of there Problems. Pope has to Maintain a Perfect record to gain a scholarship to get him out of the Outerbanks, Kie has fo find ways to change the world in a world filled with Kooks, Jjs is a victim of abuse from his drug addict Father who beats on him and My brother Has been Through enough with There father and a now the Dcs On there Ass.

They didn't need the Weight of her problem too.

"Oh Sorry, What did you Say?" She turned to john B who was Cleaning the Beer cans off the floor with bandages covering the bruises on his face.

"I asked if you could get the door"

"Oh Yeah." She said lazily moving off the couch and making her way to The front door.

"Sherrif Peterkin!" She said Sarcastically plastering a Fake grin on her face and Purposely Saying it loud so Her older Brother could hear her.

"Good Morning, Isabel Your Brother Home?" she asked Kindly stepping into The Chanute.

"Uh, Yeah He's Here.. John B!"

"Hey What can we do for you?" John B glanced at her.

"Dcs, Called they wanted to see how y'all where doing." She eyed both Her and John Carefully.

"You know beside the" She pointed to Johns Buised face.

"Oh No! I'm great, Yeah Fantastic. Thanks for coming by" He spoke while they both sweeped all the Beer bottles to the garbage.

"I'm so glad to hear you say that." She glanced around there home. "But I heard  a few things that worried me, let's see if I can Remember. Oh Yeah One of the things I heard was that Uncle Teddy. Your guardian Hasn't the been in the state in 3 Months" She added leaning on the wall.

"Yeah that's False" Isabel chuckled Nervously tugging on the sleeves of her jacket anxiously.

"They also say. You used to be a good student" She said Eyeing Me. "Now your failing all your classes" She said picking up some weed from the table and sniffing it.

"no no I'm only failing one, and it's history" she said Glancing at John B who had a questioning look on his face with his eyebrow Lifted.  "Dudes a dick" She muttered her eyes now attached to her shoes.

"And I also heard that there was a fight on the Beach yesterday, And a gun was involved"

"A gun. Psshh Not us".

"Did I get into a Dust up? Yes" He patted Patterkins shoulder. "Was there a gun? No way"

"That's ok, I know who it was. I'll get to him"she said Mattarfactly.

"All I'm worrying about now is that you Both our in a safe home" She Admitted.

"Yeah, Super Safe Supper Sound!" He smiled.

"Super Steady!"

"Oh and a uncle Ts Coming Back" Johnny told her lying terribly.

"Well if he's really coming a home, I think you Both should be allowed to stay" She said giving them both hope. "But if I stick my neck  out for you, you have to do the same for me. Tit for tat."

John b reached up playing with a strande of his brown a hair "what's the tat?"

"let me see how can you help me, oh I know a body was found in the marsh yesterday,  were you there?" She interrogated intensely stared at both of them. Isabels hand began to Sweat out of anxiousness She coughed clearing her throat. "Yeah... We  fission for some trout." She cleared up.