Chapter 4: Identity Revealed

"Name: Kim Minji. Age: 26. Blood type: B. A cord that was holding her snapped and she fell on her stomach on the safe bed while acting. The safe bed wasn't thick and soft enough so her body made contact with the floor. But thanks to the safe bed, she didn't get more serious injuries." A resident briefed Yoohyeon on what happened. To be honest, Yoohyeon's mind was so hazy. The woman that she helped when she was drunk, the woman that was on her mind for weeks now, was here at their hospital, lying helplessly on one of their emergency beds. She shakes her head and looks at the scans. She then started giving instructions to the rest. I need to save her.

"Call Dr. Son from Neurosurgery. We need to consult her if the patient's brain was damaged too. And Dr. Hirai in Cardiology. She fell on her stomach and her chest might be affected too. Her heart might have some problems so we need to check. She has internal bleeding in her abdomen so we need to perform surgery. The blow to her stomach must've been strong. There are dark bruises on her stomach as well. Contact me if both Dr. Son and Dr. Hirai have already finished checking her scans. If there's no problem, I'll start right away. If there is, I'll meet them both and see what we should do first. I'll prepare for the surgery." All the nurses and residents present followed her instructions.

She went back to her office to change her clothes and prepare. So, she's an actress huh. No wonder she's that pretty. Yoohyeon thought while changing her clothes. She then slapped herself for having such thoughts. Yoohyeon, get yourself together. She is a patient now. Not the person you met at the club and not the actress. Treat her like any other patient you treated. You can do this. Yoohyeon took a deep breath and as she was about to leave her room, a phone call arrived.

"Dr. Kim, both Dr. Son and Dr. Hirai said that there's no internal problems. We just need to treat her bruises on the chest and brace her neck. The patient is being moved to surgery room 2 now." Yoohyeon thanked the nurse and ran towards the surgery room. Gahyeon, of course, will be the one assisting her.

"Unnie, I'm scared. What if I touch something wrong? What if she doesn't wake up after? What if-" Yoohyeon interrupted Gahyeon and said,

"Gahyeon, focus. Don't think of her as an actress or what. Just think of her as our patient. We'll save her. Just like we always do." Yoohyeon calmed the younger one down. She knew that Gahyeon was a fan of Minji. Everytime Minji had a new movie, the younger one always forced Yoohyeon to watch her movies with her but the doctor always rejected.

"Get the patient ready Gahyeon. I'll enter after I explain the situation to her parents." Gahyeon bowed and went inside the surgery room. She then met Minji's parents and told them what will happen. So much for meeting her parents the first time. She explained and assured the parents that she'll do her best to save their daughter.

She entered the room and saw Minji lying on the surgery bed with all these lines connected to her. She proceeded to her side and told everyone what to do.

"We always receive these kinds of patients. Let's do what we always do. Don't get scared or pressured just because she's a famous actress. Inside the surgery room, every person that lies in this bed is our patient. Inside the surgery room, every patient has the same status. Let's do our best and save her. She breathe before saying,

"Scalpel." And the surgery begins.

After a few hours, Yoohyeon finished the surgery, Sighing, she said,

"Do you want to close her Gahyeon? Or should I do it?" Gahyeon's hands were trembling but she then said,

"No, I'll do it. What you said was right. She's still a patient. I've closed countless patients before and I'll do it again. Just like what I always do" Yoohyeon smiled at Gahyeon and gave her a thumbs up.