Bonus chapter 18.

Her.

I am driving to the flower orangery, which is growing 2 thousand peonies for the opening of my clinic of cosmetology. 

It is my grand project, which Leo encouraged me to fulfil, being so sweet and supportive. I have been thinking a lot about it and in June I got to work, going for my great dream. 

The clinic is already ready for the opening: exterior, interior, equipment, nice accommodations for customers, staff and all necessities for my employees. The opening is fixed for the 1st of October. All I have to do is organise the beautiful, elegant opening and after-party. 

I peacefully drove my pearly white Porsche on my own, which is something I don't do often because of my status in average and Mafia worlds, especially in the last. Leo lets me drive alone on condition that the distance is small and I have gun with myself, which makes him extra sweet and caring in my eyes. However, I know how much he worries when I am alone, so I don't drive by myself that much, partly because I adore driving with him and our bambinos. 

Today I asked one of our men to tell Leonardo that I am driving from my headquarters to the orangery on my own and he promised to pass the message by. My beloved husband is in very important conference and I'd rather not interrupt it. 

I drove nicely while smiling contentedly, looking forward to seeing all the flowers for the opening. It will be so gorgeous and very sophisticated. 

Nothing seemed out of place. Everything was nice and peaceful until one moment. 

Him.

"Capo."- said Salvo, dashing in the boardroom with horror on his face, making me tense up. 

"Cos'è successo?"- I asked in worry, not liking how he gulped. (What happened?)

"Salvo, è meglio che tu dica cos'è successo o giuro su Dio che scatenerò l'inferno su di te."- I warned him, my heart twisting in gut wrenching feeling. (Salvo, you better say what happened or I swear to God I will unleash hell on you.) 

"La signora Russo non c'è più."- he said, my blood running cold. (Mrs Russo is gone.) 

"Che cazzo intendi?!"- I asked in utmost fury and worry as everyone left the room, leaving us alone. (What the fuck do you mean?)

"Se n'e' andata. La signora Russo non è al quartier generale, a casa, con Gretchen, i suoi genitori. Nessuno sa dove sia."- answered Salvo and I took my phone, leaving my headquarters in hurry. (She is just gone. Mrs Russo isn't at headquarters, home, with Gretchen, your parents. Nobody knows where she is.) 

I began dialling Camila, my heart racing in fear and concern. 

"Fanculo."- I muttered, gripping my phone tighter she didn't answer 60th call. 

I got in my car and drove off to the only place I know she planned to go to today - orangery -, holding the steering wheel firmly, going out of my mind from worry for my pregnant wife. 

5 minutes dragged into 10, then 15 until I pushed the stop pedal hard at the sight of her Porsche - car is smashed from behind, squeezed into a fucking pretzel from the side. 

I dashed out of my car and rushed to her Porsche, my blood running cold and heart skipping beats. Her iPhone in silver colour, car keys, black Hermès bag, silver Mac, bottle of water are here. 

"Cami, fuck."- I almost whispered, picking up crushed to pieces platinum bracelet with our last name and her favourite Dior coat, fear creeping upon me. 

Big bloody spot on the sleeve. 

I took her bag and looked for gun that I got her, cursing when I found it. I took her bag, phone, Mac and went to my car, leaving the rest behind without a care. I drove to pick kids up from school, wrecking my mind with how to keep them safe and find my wife.