𝐉𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐲

𝖱𝖾𝗊𝗎𝖾𝗌𝗍𝖾𝖽 𝖻𝗒: @𝗉𝖺𝗇𝗄𝗈𝗐𝗌𝖻𝖺𝖾𝖾

JJ's POV

I walked into John b's backyard after my shift at the hotel I worked at. To my surprise, I was met with John b and Y/n who were sitting in the hammock together. Alone. I knew they were friends but I didn't know they hung out without me or even Pope or Kie.

They were both laughing, clearly at something John b had said. My eyes hooded over and my eyebrows furrowed as I noticed how close they were sitting and John b had his arm wrapped around her shoulder. A little too close for friends.

"Hey, blondie!" John b shouted once he noticed my presence. I pursued my lips and nodded as I walked over to them and sat down in a hammock a few feet away.

I stared the curly-hair brunette down with an icy glare. He knew I liked Y/n and he knew to back off but here he was seating impossibly close to her. I had fallen for the girl many years ago when I started realizing my feelings for her. However, I never got around to asking her out cause every time I took my chance I bailed, knowing she didn't feel the same.

Seeing her in the same hammock as my best friend made a spark light up inside me. A spark of pure rage.

I rocked in the hammock beside them, millions of thoughts running through my head like how I was gonna scold my best friend once Y/n headed home.

I listened to the soft sound of the wind blowing rustling the leaves in the trees so I didn't have to hear John b's terrible flirting and Y/n's giggling.

Finally, I had enough of the two and I stood up abruptly making the pair look over at me with concerned expressions. I didn't even bother to share a glance with them as I marched up to the house, slamming the screen door once I had entered the house.

Minutes later after I had snatched a juul out of my bedroom and was now sitting on the couch inhaling the smoke before blowing it out, Y/n came sauntering through the door.

"What was that about?" She questioned, crossing her arms over her chest as she stared at me intently.

"Hm?" I hummed, sucking desperately on the juul clutched between my fingers.

"You just stormed off like a child," she said, throwing her hand out to gesture towards me. "I would like to know why?"

I shrugged, playing dumb to try to get her off my back as I blew out the smoke that filled my throat.

She huffed, rolling her eyes as she made her way to my side. Once she stood in front of me hovering over me, she snatched the pen in my hands.

"Hey! Give it back!" I demanded, standing up puffing up my chest in her face.

"Back up or this goes up your ass" She retorted, holding up my pen as her eyes burned into mine.

I obediently did as she said, backing away from her. Even though she was much smaller than me, I was still intimidated by her.

"Ok, now that you're actually listening to me, what's going on with you?" She implored, raising her eyebrows as I shuffled my hands into the pockets of my shorts.

"Nothing! I just needed a smoke" I lied, shrugging my shoulders, not wanted to mention how I was obsessed with her and some other dude was trying to steal her away.

"So you stomped up through the yard and slammed the front door cause you wanted to get high?" She puzzled, giving me questioning and confused look.

"Yeah I'm weird like that, now why can't you give me my personal property back and leave me alone?" I raised my eyebrows as I stepped forward, reaching for my juul but she pulled it back, out of my reach.

"Tell me what's your goddamn problem first"

"Just give me the goddamn thing, Y/n!" I raised my voice, lunging forward making her flinch away from me which made my heart drop at the sight of her being scared of me.

"No" she stated, stepping back further away from me.

"You know what? I have another so just leave me alone and go fuck your boyfriend" I huffed, stomping off the guest bedroom searching for another juul or even a blunt.

"What?" I heard a soft low voice ask following me into the bedroom.

"You heard me"

"Well, last I checked I didn't have a boyfriend-"

"Might as well. All that flirting and lovey-dovey talk back there at the hammocks" I grumbled, opening a drawer and searching through the junk inside.

Y/n blurted out a small laugh. "Are you serious? You think John b is my boyfriend?"

"Sure did look like it," I said, looking up at her with firmly pressed lips and intense eyes.

"Were just friends-" she explained but I was quick to cut her off.

"Don't give me that bullshit! Friends don't flirt with each other or look at each other that way" I barked, pointing my finger at her accusingly.

"Oh, fuck off, we were not flirting" she denied, rolling her eyes at me as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"Are you fucking blind?" I shouted with a chuckled afterward looking at her with wide eyes. "Or are you dumb? Cause John b was totally flirting with you and you just sat there and laughed"

"Why do you care so much anyway?" She questioned, quickly raising her eyebrows.

"Cause I fucking love you, Y/n. I have for years now. I don't know what it is but something about you, the way you smile, your eyes, your laugh it all only makes me fall harder for you. And I don't want some other guy snatching you away before I can build up my courage to ask you to be mine" I blurted out, not even realizing what the hell I was saying before it had already flown out my mouth.

Y/n stood there her lips parted as she looked at me in shock and surprise with a hint of confusion.

"Ah shit. I'm so stupid,  I'm so fucking stupid-" my last words were mumbled by a swift moment of Y/n filling the space in between us and connecting our lips. It was just a quick small kiss to get me to shut up.

She looked up at me as her breath fanned against my face. Somehow, her hand had ended up on the side of my face as the other held onto my shoulder causing my stomach to erupt with butterflies.

"You are very stupid but I kinda like it" She quipped, smirking up at me with beaming eyes. "God, how I wished you had told me this sooner so I didn't have to doubt myself"

I stared at her speechless as my mouth fell open, my breath getting stuck in my throat. "Wait what? You actually like me back? Like you wanna be my girlfriend?"

"Yes, JJ, I would love to be your girlfriend" she confirmed making a goofy smile spread across my lips.

𝖠/𝗇:

𝖳𝗁𝗂𝗌 𝗐𝖺𝗌 𝖺 𝗆𝖾𝗌𝗌 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗁𝗈𝗇𝖾𝗌𝗍𝗅𝗒 𝗁𝗈𝗋𝗋𝗂𝖻𝗅𝖾.

𝖲𝗈𝗋𝗋𝗒 𝖿𝗈𝗋 𝗇𝗈𝗍 𝗎𝗉𝖽𝖺𝗍𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗂𝗇 𝖺 𝗐𝗁𝗂𝗅𝖾.